Halo

tokyodrifter

I just d/l and play the Halo demo, and I think it's not as great as the Xbox version. I'm not sure why, but I think this game doesn't have the same "magic" as the Xbox version. Overall, it's pretty good but two things that bugs me: the graphics and multiplayer. On my Sony, I had to turn everything down/off in order to keep 15-20 fps (slow but playable). Unfortunately it will slow down to a crawl if they're are other players/monsters/explosions on the screen. My last gripe is the servers are SLOW. I was able to get in some good games, but for the most part it is too laggy. Don't go for the hype and download the demo first if you're interested. My 2 cents :)

My thoughts exactly Snoop!

I have a pretty tight rig and when theres alot of stuff going on, it tends to lag abit....

My thoughts, the propiety hardware in a Xbox has been underestimated, or the game code for the xbox is seriously superior.

|Drew|

My thoughts exactly Snoop!

I have a pretty tight rig and when theres alot of stuff going on, it tends to lag abit....

My thoughts, the propiety hardware in a Xbox has been underestimated, or the game code for the xbox is seriously superior.

|Drew|

well considering the PC version will be running along side XP, on OS that likes a lot of ram whereas xbox has nothing but a bios like type system which requires little or no power at all.. and the fact XBOX has been coded to run games and games only.. all ported games from console to pc have either no improvement or left a sour taste in the users mouth..

I've got the full version and it runs fine on my machine and its no where near top end. Duron 1200 256m ram geforce 2 mx 400 @800x600 i don't have a problem

:Cringe: 800x600

The game runs decently i agree, but there are parts where things slow and i loose a frame.

I just found it weird considering the stats of my rig are about 4 times that of the xbox.

|Drew|

poor poor ppl. You have outstanding machines, some 3 times mine and I can run halo very well without a jerk :) I can get it upto 1024x768 but the graphics card speed just cant cut it to well. i could bump up the speed, but im to lazy. My machin is 133x9 unlocked duron 256ddr2100 40gighdd and geforce 2 mx 400 @200mhz. Could take it up to 220 and the cpu can go up to 1286mhz befor it becomes unstable. but it offers nothing more then @ 1200 but enough of my life story. PIONT AND BRAG. Sorry don't get to do that often

it runs fine on my pc.

but the game just sucks, sorry it does. Heres why:

The AI: its bugged up, NPC say they are going to do one thing, eg, stay and wait for you. Then they run off and get themselves killed.

The physics: it is like running around under water. you move sloooowly, turn slooooowly, hell even the jeep moves slooooowly. like your underwater or something. Dont give me the Low Grav excuse.. it doesent work, the gravity is the same onboard ship, on the halo, or where ever you are. it shouldnt feel like your under water, its awfull.

As for good bits... the story line, the story is great, thats all thats kept me playing the game. CHROME is a far superior product, and is a very similar game to HALO, but its much beter.

www.chromethegame.com

i tried chrome and thought it was boring after a few level's ,i got as far as the mission where you have to disable the sam site's and get inside the space station to steal some data (a code for some encrypted data i belive)