Error on slipstream CD

abunnitt

I created a slipstream bootable CD for XP Professional using Nero 7.8.5 demo version. When I attempt to boot using the CD I get a Code 4 error and the boot doesn't work. Any advice would be welcome.

I created a slipstream bootable CD for XP Professional using Nero 7.8.5 demo version. When I attempt to boot using the CD I get a Code 4 error and the boot doesn't work. Any advice would be welcome.

May need some more info, at what point do you get error "Code 4"? At the BIOS?

When you burn the bootable disk using Nero, are using the proper boot image (eg 'Microsoft Corporation.img') file with the following advanced settings: "No Emulation", boot sectors=4? I have no experience with Nero 7.8.5 (I'm still using v.6), and I'm also not sure if the "demo" version has any limitations as far as what type of CDs it can create.

After using google for about two minutes, I found a couple possible reasons for your issue. Because you are using nero, you need to make sure that you used the correct settings which are: Kind of emulation - no emulation, Load segment of sectors(hex) - 07c0, Number of load sectors - 4. If any of these are wrong, you will get that error. But if you want more info, google it; I found about 10 diff pages with people having this same issue.