"a required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing"

oliparcol

Hi,

I use vlite to compress my installation files and I use a usb key (corsair voyager GT) as installation media. The problem is: when I try to install vista, the installation process is asking me a cd/dvd drive device driver... I can search for it on my computer but I don't know the one to choose...

Someone have an idea ?

thanks

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there really no way to do this? Would be a great feature for vLite...

If you can't add this to vLite I'm interested in seeing these guides you mentioned because I've searched everywhere without finding anything (the ones I found are only for setup from within an existing Windows installation).

Try using Logical Disk Management, format USB stick to FAT 32 and make the partition active. I think that's all, just copy the files on it and setup your BIOS if it's not set to boot from the USB.

I've already done that, thing is you can only do a "clean" install from within Windows, which is not an option for me. I think you get this error message cause you have no optical drive installed (I only connect my external DVD burner when needed), think there's a workaround to this?

Edited by Indie