Automatic Update Could Not Enable

rauphelhunter

Check that in services list you have Automatic updates service, because this service is necessary if you want to enable automatic updates. To run services list type in run services.msc

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, my pc is on corporate domain. And, not so sure of any group policy enforcement done by administrator. But ,my login id is with administrator right. How to check group policy ?

In fact, I could turn off and on on automatic update option previously. Not sure, why it can't out of sudden.

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, my pc is on corporate domain. And, not so sure of any group policy enforcement done by administrator. But ,my login id is with administrator right. How to check group policy ?

In fact, I could turn off and on on automatic update option previously. Not sure, why it can't out of sudden.

Regards,

Looks like someone has configured it in a domain or OU GPO, because that's what it looks like when that has been done. Check the following registry location for data regarding SUS server, update frequency, and such:

http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserve...3.mspx?mfr=true

remove NoAutoUpdate value.

Excuse me if I'm wrong but from the first attachement, it looks like autoUpdate is (greyed but) enabled. Even if the question is about "enabling" it, maybe rauphelhunter needs to be clearer about wether he wants to disable it or reenable the choice.

• 3 weeks later...
open a command promt and type GPRESULT press enter and any group policies being applied will be list for the local computer and the user.

Ok go to Contro Panel & Administrative Tools & Services

Change Automatic Update to Auto