Dear Gosh Or Vbs Guru...

I have also create a VB6 executable that runs without the constraints of IE.  Since the current version you can only run after a user profile has been created.  I had the need to install some applications during the windows install but wanted some of them to be selectable.  If anyone would be interested I'll also post it, it already has some of the above features included.

Count me in! :excited:

I'll create a new thread for INSTALLS.EXE. Since it is in a different development stage than INSTALLS.VBS and uses different options in the INI. It won't be posted until tomorrow when I'm at work. I forgot to bring it home with me.

A couple of other thoughts:

1. I have over 30 items being installed....can you make the window larger and/or the fonts or empty spaces smaller?

2. I have several items as hidden. Is there a way to not have a blank space in the grid for them?

3. Since most items are installed silently and do not show any signs of installing, would it be possible to have a progress bar?

4. How about including a script to scan hotfix folders and install the hotfixes? I could just kick off my hotfix script, but just thought it might be easy to include it in this script.

Thanks again. I'm really enjoying this script.

A couple of other thoughts:

1. I have over 30 items being installed....can you make the window larger and/or the fonts or empty spaces smaller

See the default INI, you can specify the height and width of the window. (Posted default INI just updated 11-15 to include new features) You can change the default font sizes by creating an INSTALL.CSS (cascading style sheet) and placing it in the same directory with the script.
2. I have several items as hidden.  Is there a way to not have a blank space in the grid for them?

I've been working on this but have not come up with a way to do it that everything else continues to work properly. Still working on it.

3. Since most items are installed silently and do not show any signs of installing, would it be possible to have a progress bar?
I had not added this feature to the VBS because until now there had been no interest. The EXE version does have this feature and I will add it to the VBS version in the future. It gets a little tricky.
4. How about including a script to scan hotfix folders and install the hotfixes?  I could just kick off my hotfix script, but just thought it might be easy to include it in this script.

I have thought about this but decided it was easier just to kick off my hotfix installer at the beginning or end of the other installs, depending upon where I was using the script. That way the script didn't get too bloated and complicated.

The INI settings have been updated in the original post to reflect new additions to the script.

1 - boxdesc - displays a description in the box with the application name

2 - popdesc - displays a description when the mouse stops over the application name

3 - register - installs the specified REG file after performing the installation.

The script has also been updated, here.