AP Computer Science

just wondering who else is taking AP Computer Science right now. im taking the AP test tomorrow morning... i know ill get a 4, the question is, will i get a 5? so is there anyone else taking this test.

btw, dont you love those little fishies :rolleyes:

I would be taking it if I wasn't already taking the AB Cal, Physics C: Mechanics, and Chemistry exams. :whistle: Those and my other six school exams... I had a mock AB Cal exam on Friday (full length!) and managed to get a 5. For that exam, I had to get between 66 and 108 in order to get what I got. I don't see how different it would be for CS.

ya i have a physics AP and an italian AP to still take..

does anyone know exactly how the CS AP is scored?

theres 40 multiple choice worh 50% of the test and 4 written programs, 2 parts each, which must be another 40pts.

so if its out of 80, does anyone know what i need to get a 5? i couldnt seem to find those staticstics anywhere.

Are you guys talking about Advanced Placement tests taken spring senior year in High school to pass out of entry level courses at college??? Sheesh! I think I did two, one in Math and one in French,....but I won't tell you which year! lol! :^)

ya im talking about those. but im a junior, taking 3 this year and 3 next year. what really sucks is that i need to pay 83$ per exam... thats almost 500$ worth of AP exams!

ya im talking about those. but im a junior, taking 3 this year and 3 next year. what really sucks is that i need to pay 83$ per exam... thats almost 500$ worth of AP exams!

$100 CAD/exam for me. $300 total on the spot.

Hmmm. Let's see,...adjusting for inflation and other factors.... hey! You guys got it cheap! Though I have to say we were never directly asked to pay, so most of us didn't know there were costs associated. That New Jersey company wasn't in it (and still isn't) for their health. The ETS was always a business and necessary evil as far as I'm concerned. However, the fees seem inline with the inflation since I took them some time back in the middle of the last millenium.

You could always try a new angle on that $1 per pixel gig which seemed to work for the guy who tried it. You could use the truth - student needs to raise money for AP exams - buy pixel or two, or ten! Or you could be generous and offer volume discounts on pixel collections. Maybe a penny a pixel might work. It sounds cheap enough anyway and it sounds good! :^)

Good luck to you both on them!