Are my AMD Athlon 64 FX74 CPUs overheating?

ammoun

I need help in determining if my System is overheating or not!

I have an ASUS L1N64-SLI WS motherboard with two AMD Athlon 64 FX-74 CPUs, 4 Gb RAM, nVidia geoforce 8800 GTX video card, 6 500Gb hard drives (seagate, hitachi, samsung ...etc). Yesterday I installed two Gigabyte 3D Galaxy II liquid cooling systems for the CPUs, thinking these will help reduce the horrible sound of the CPU fans!

The temperatures I am reading now are:

CPU1=80-95 degrees celcius

CPU1 core1=85-98

CPU1 Core2=90-103 (!)

CPU2=65-69

CPU2 core1=62-68

CPU2 core2=65-70 And these are for almost an idle system, I am only browsing the net and writing this message!

Are these numbers right? Should the CPUs be that hot? Will I sustain any damages?

Why is CPU1 20 degrees (almost) hotter than CPU2?

I am positive I have installed the the coolers properly! With the original CPU fans, I think the temps ran in the 60s!

Anyone with any thoughts? I appreciate the help!

One more thing, where can I get the latest and most powerful quad core dual processor liquid cooled (extremely silent) system, AMD or Intel? Anyone knows of a flexible and professional custom builder?

Many thanks to you all.

with water they should be under 40C, even under 30C...

im ~30C on air.

what program are you using the measure your temps? and what sensors are you using? are they sensors you installed or the sensor built into the mobo?

did you use thermal paste? if so what kind? please tell me you used thermal paste..

are the fans running on the radiator? (did you plug them into the mobo?)

is the water moving? is the pump running? (did you plug in the pump?)

There's no way the temps are that high! :blink:

That has to be in Fahrenheit. Either that or the sensors are harshly out of whack. I see this a lot with controls where sensors get shorted and they read a certain temperature much higher.

If your using speedfan, try using the motherboard's stuff in CMOS.

There's no way the temps are that high! :blink:

That has to be in Fahrenheit. Either that or the sensors are harshly out of whack. I see this a lot with controls where sensors get shorted and they read a certain temperature much higher.

If your using speedfan, try using the motherboard's stuff in CMOS.

ya i was thinking is was in F also, but his one core is at ~65F then, which makes it 18C... that just seems too low

also 65F would most likely be below ambient temp or close to..

did you put water in their?

if you did then the water should be just right for a nice hot cup of tea, those sort of temps will probably damage your water pump as well as fry (or boil) your chips. did you bleed the air out of the water system properly? some pumps need priming and will not pump anything at all if they are full of air.