Matching a card with an old barton 3200+

weEvil

I said let's get back to a hardware discussion earlier.

Now, about the 7600GT. How ell does it mach with an athlon 3200?

Or would a 6800 Ultra be a better match for it?

I don't want to put the equivalent of a 7950GT in my PC and then find out I get the same framerate and performance as a 6600GT. That's simply a waste of money.

The 6600GT and 7600GT are both inexpensive and good solutions and would be a good match for the Athlon if you want to play 3D games. For MCE usage, both are way, way, way more than you need.

Edited by bluescreens

The 6600GT and 7600GT are both inexpensive and good solutions and would be a good match for the Athlon if you want to play 3D games. For MCE usage, both are way, way, way more than you need.

I was checking benchmarks online and the 7600GT is severely limited by a barton.

I was checking benchmarks online and the 7600GT is severely limited by a barton.

Interesting.

Using Tom's link?

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/02/01/agp...ysis/page5.html

que? what was that again? 7600 is limited by a barton? again, what i said earlier, you may want to opt for the cheaper one.

...i almost love being the underdog sometimes...lets all beat on the kid and do research later.

que? what was that again? 7600 is limited by a barton? again, what i said earlier, you may want to opt for the cheaper one.

...i almost love being the underdog sometimes...lets all beat on the kid and do research later.

Well that's what I read. And the last link from Tom's hardware confirmed this, for a 2500+ at least.

I'll wager that the 7600GT will be limited with a 3200+ too, probably just barely.

I'm looking at the 7600GS now. A 6800GT looked nice, but then I saw more benchmarks. It gets its a** kicked when anti-aliasing is enabled. The 7xxx series has much better performance in this.

Either a 7600GS (cheaper too) or a 6800GT if I can get it for a steal.

Also, I've seen that there is a 7500LE. Haven't been able to find much info though. What's up with that card?

Don't get the 6800GT if you plan on eventually using this for a media center PC. The hardware video acceleration is broken on those cards (on all 6800 series cards for that matter). It works on all GeForce 6 models below the 6800, as well as all of the GeForce 7 series cards.

Personally, I'd go for the 7600GT model. I'd rather the video card be limited by the CPU than the other way around.

Edited by nmX.Memnoch