WinPE 2.0 GimageX COM based HTA

geezery

It's easy to modify the Capture and Append Functions to also capture desired folder only. If you need help, please tell me.

I have not thinked about including Mount / unmount, because I have no usage for those. If you need those I can make those:)

Sorry to sound stupid but ineed some help getting this working...

ive done as the first post but cannot get the GUI up.. what do you have to run to get this GUI up when booted into PE? I run imagex.hta but get access denied. All of the hta & other products mentioned are installed.

This bit i dont get in the instructions on first poste

Configuration:

The two most important settings to modify are under "Program Defaults" section.

-cmdPartHd is the location of the diskpart.txt file.

-myFilePath is the location of the *.wim files. The capture and append function also

uses this path to store images. If you use the Capture and Append function set the

write permission also to your image folder. Remember to put the "\" at the end of the path i.e I:\images\

If you have any questions, wishes or bug reports post here or send e-mail: geezery(at)gmail.com

prgram defaults, where.. what file?

all help is apreciated.

thanks

Edited by chiners_68

You have to edit the imagex.hta itself. You can open it with every txt editor i.e. notepad.

There you can find the Program Defaults section.

You also need to have Winpe-WMI-Package installed to get the Hard Disk information working. Can you tell me some specs about your test system? Virtual or Real machine. You also need more than 256mb of ram.

geezery,

thanks for your help..

If you could add this to the first post that would help others running this GUI for the first time

edit the imagex.hta

Im running it on a real Dell GX520 with 1GB ram.

I installed all these packages bar the one in red. using this guide http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?act=at...st&id=18574

a. Windows Recovery Environment component

peimg /install=WinPE-SRT-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

b. HTML application Support

peimg /install=WinPE-HTA-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

c. Microsoft Data Access Component support

peimg /install=WinPE-MDAC-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

d. Windows Script Host support

peimg /install=WinPE-Scripting-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

e. Microsoft XML (MSXML) parser support

peimg /install=WinPE-XML-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

f. WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation)

peimg /install=WinPE-WMI-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\windows

Edited by chiners_68

no, still access denied when I run imageX.hta..

could this be because its pointing to an images path of x:\windows\images or whatever the default is in the imagex.hta & its running from a CD & cannot write to it..?

not sure where to go next. i would like to be able for it to automatically store the images on a Remote server.

That shouln't be a problem, because winpe creates a ram drive in X:\ and it should be able to write the "temp" files there.

If you press mouse right button on top of the script and press properties. Is there a button to "Allow" this Program to run?

Anybody get the /compress flag to work with this app? If I add the bold text command, it does not compress to the maximum compression rate. It just does a fast compression.

ObjShell.Run "%comspec% /c imagex /compress max /capture "& strDrv &" " & SavePath & strWimFile & " " &chr(34) & strWimDesc &chr(34), 1, True

If I manually run the command "imagex /compress max /capture C: C:\test.wim "test image"", the maximum compression rate it applied.

Hi Guys im about to give up.. I cannot however many times I try get this to work.

When I run imageX.hta from the cmd window in WINPE all i get is access denied.

See if you can spot a mistake. this is the process im following to create the PE disk.

1. To begin building a Windows PE CD type: copype.cmd x86 c:\winpe_x86

2.imagex /mountrw c:\winpe_x86\winpe.wim 1 c:\winpe_x86\mount

3. To copy servicing tools into the mounted PE image, type:

xcopy "C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\Servicing" c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows /s

xcopy "C:\Program Files\Windows AIK\Tools\x86" c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows /s /Y

4. HTML application Support

peimg /install=WinPE-HTA-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

Microsoft Data Access Component support

peimg /install=WinPE-MDAC-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

Windows Script Host support

peimg /install=WinPE-Scripting-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

Microsoft XML (MSXML) parser support

peimg /install=WinPE-XML-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows

WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation)

peimg /install=WinPE-WMI-Package c:\winpe_x86\mount\windows

5. Prepare the Windows PE Image by typing, this removes unneeded items from the image:

peimg /prep c:\winpe_x86\mount\Windows /f

6. copy these all to \system32

imagex.exe, wimflt.inf, wimfltr.sys, wimgapi.dll

and of course the ImageX.hta, pe.jpg "Optional(Background Image)" ,htastyle.css, setres.exe, diskpart.txt(optional) and compiled browse.exe

7. create exceptions file wimscript.ini & place in \system32

8. To commit the changes made to Windows PE, type:

imagex /unmount c:\winpe_x86\mount /commit

9. Copy the updated WIM to the ISO folder for creation:

copy c:\winpe_x86\winpe.wim c:\winpe_x86\ISO\sources\boot.wim /Y

10. Create your ISO image:

oscdimg -n -bc:\winpe_x86\etfsboot.com c:\winpe_x86\ISO c:\winpe_x86\winpe_x86.iso

11. Using your preferred CD creation software burn the disk image c:\winpe_x86\winpe_x86.iso to

CD or CD-RW.

when i run this it boots OK but when I run imageX.hta i get access denied. i can create a txt file in the X:\windows\system32 si i can write to the drive.

Yipppeeee i got it working......

I stumbled across this ghost GUI thread & was reading this & it gave me the answers I was looking for http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=95507

ive just been running imageX.hta from the cmd prompt.

from the thread I found I needed to point to mshta.exe aswell as the hta file to get it to run.

I've found that for some reason you always have to specify the full path of the file for mshta to execute properly. So even if you are in the folder where the .hta file is located, you still have to type the full path.

X:\Windows\System32>mshta.exe X:\Windows\System32\wizard.hta