WinPE 2.0 GimageX COM based HTA

geezery

Ok,

here is the new version, with all the files inside. I have tested it also, so it should work now. Just change the MyFilePath to your distribution path.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/geezery/ImageXGuiv32.zip

It only works in WinPe v2. You should have a proper path in MyFilePath, because it prompts the browse function if it can't find *.wim files in the path and the browse.exe currently works only in winpe, because of the static X:\Windows\system32 path.

Post your experiences here, so I can have some feedback.

Edited by geezery

I reupped the zip with two fixes. Thanks goes to thebearboo!

-Added a line in Browse function to fix the temp browse.txt file issue thebearboo finded

-Added one space hit to setres function, no extra space needed in front of the SetResFunction setting

-Added check to browse function, if selection is empty it won't change the current dir.

-Fixed the HTA window size from fullscreen -> maximize

Edited by geezery

only problem i've had so far is with setres not setting what's in the hta.

although that was with the previous zip you had up.

will try again with this newer zip you posted.

heh

:)

umm

setres settings in hta aren't getting applied, works when i type through cmd prompt but not from hta.

weird was working before :(

Edited by pretender69

just tested the new version geezery, it works great, except there is two \\ in the capture new image prompt.

also any chance of displaying the current labels of the disk and the available/free disk space in the logical disk information?

Edited by solutionone

I guess the setres doesn't work is because of the var RunOnce is not set to 1 when it goes to the loop :

------------------------------

If RunOnce = 1 Then

Call SetRes()

RunOnce = 0

End If

------------------------------

either set Runonce to a value of 1 by: Const RunOnce = 1 or take out the If loop will do it..

Edited by ccb458

ccb458 was right, because I forgot to put this line Runonce = 1

Now it should work. reupped the zip. Setres.exe has to be in Windows\system32 folder or else the script just skips the setres function.

Solutionone: I can add that information also. I can't find the extra "\" on my code, since it works properly in me. Can you describe the exact input label or something, so I can track the bug.

I'll added the freespace and volume name also to Disk Information.

Edited by geezery

the disk id i'm talking about is the id of the physical disk,

e.g. run diskpart list disk, it gives you the id of each disk, the first disk is always 0, second disk is always 1.

if you have a partition on a single hard drive, the first and second partition will still be id 0, as it is on the same physical disk

All I keep getting is Access Denied when I try to run the script. Before hand I was getting a script error which I believe was due to a space in the Globals Setup section:

Set objWMIService = GetObject ("winmgmts:\\.\root\cimv2") - Changed to - Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\.\root\cimv2")

I will fart around some more and post my results.