WinPE 2.0 GimageX COM based HTA

geezery

->powaking

I decided not to use any real databases, because I want to keep this simple as possible. So CSV is enough. And you can always import it to database if you want.

Edited by geezery

You can also use INI format as well so that it is as such:

[PCNAME]

IP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Machine=type

Model=number

etc..

Then have it in a drop down list of the PCNAME's then it would just read the IP address and connect to it as such.

Did you test it, any bugs found. I didn't have time to test it in winpe so I don't know if my environment variables work. If you can test the browse function and the image list is also generated to Windows\system32\ folder.

I'll write the function for the Administration gui tomorrow and I might need some help in testing so stay tuned.

In the next release I'll add support for UltraVNC and I must also add some WMI queries etc. I'll put this function optional, if you don't like to use it.

Edited by geezery

I tested and fixed several bugs. AutoIt @SystemFolder Macro doesn't work in Winpe, so I have to go back using the static path. X:\windows\system32. I reupped the browse.exe to my ftp and replaced also the zip in the first post.

Setres function was also buggy and I'll think it needs still testing. It now loads every time the window_onload function is executed. I have to find solution for that. One solution might be to delete the setres.exe from the system32 folder once it is executed, so it won't load again.

Edited by geezery

tried to capture a image with newest ver.

popup Current path is: appeared,

entered filename,

clicked ok,

said aborted and stopped.

also tried leaving the default: g:\image\imagename.wim

and it still aborted.

not sure what you changed in this version, but used to ask what drive to capture first, then asked for filename, make and model, then description. then captured the image.

I'm having big problems with browse function, I think i'll have to remove it, because it doesn't work right. I know there is a way to do it by vbscript, but just can't get it to work. The only working method is the BrowseForFolder, since I can get the popup, but the folder/file structure is empty.

There is many parameters to give I just don't know what to use :

BrowseForFolder

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms630408.aspx

Parameters:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms538017.aspx

Ok, I found the solution. New version coming in about a hour.

I made some heavy testing in WinPe envinment and I noticed that %comspec% /c doesn't work in winpe everytime. But when I use cmd /c it works like a charm. I also tested capture and append, and both works nicely. I still need to test the setres function.

Edited by geezery