WinPE 2.0 GimageX COM based HTA

geezery

Oh right, as I said in PM (do not reply to the PM anymore)

Put the files from the V71 zip into Mount\Windows\System32. So misc will be in system32 also. Imagex.exe goes in System32 too. This isn't the only way to do it, you can put them anywhere as long as you path everything properly. I just find it easier to dump everything into System32 because that is the default location after WPEINIT runs.

Oh right, as I said in PM (do not reply to the PM anymore)

Put the files from the V71 zip into Mount\Windows\System32. So misc will be in system32 also. Imagex.exe goes in System32 too. This isn't the only way to do it, you can put them anywhere as long as you path everything properly. I just find it easier to dump everything into System32 because that is the default location after WPEINIT runs.

Thanks... If and when I get this working, do you know how people have gone about adding Ghost functionality to this HTA. I would like to be able to merge this with the HTA that I currently use for Ghost deployments.

Thanks again for the help.

• 4 weeks later...

Hy Guys!!!

Your project is very very very a good project!!!

I've find some problem with progress bar , i view a grey image

on the centerscrre but not the progressbar...

V.7.1 Winpe2.0 all package installed - Usb Boot

Have you some feedback for this problem ? :P

Thanks!!!

P.s. sorry form my bad english

There is no current fix for the Progress Bar in WinPE 2.x. The PE does not have the ability to tell you the progress. If you want to write new code to try to make it work, be my guest, however a WinPE 3.0 implementation would be a better option.

• 2 years later...

The current release is using that COM component and it works nicely, but the progress bar doesn't work. If you find bugs please report them here.

I actually found one and I will repair it in the next version. I wish that I could some how show the progressbar also. I actually have the progress indicator working in the HTA if you are using it from the Windows XP or Vista. You just have to define the com component a bit different.

This works for me. You can spin off a new thread using settimeout and a fake popup (options flag 7 means popup never displays). Its not 100% live but will do a decent progress bar.

The underlying API seems to hang at 99% - 0 sec for about a min while it finalizes the WIM and closes the file so there is no way around that.

I just wish I could use browseforfolder without having to write my own autoit script.

See relevent code snippits below, This does not work as is, you have to work it into you existing code.

<style>
#progresstodo{background-color: blue; color: blue;}
#progressdone{background-color: green; color: green;}
#progresstext{font-size: x-small;}
</style>

<script>
Dim objShell
Dim idTimer
Sub Window_OnLoad
Self.Focus()
progressdone.InnerHTML = String(0, "_")
progresstodo.InnerHTML = String(25, "_")
window.offscreenBuffering = True
Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
End Sub

Sub Windows_OnBeforeUnload
Set objShell = Nothing
End Sub

Sub objWIM_Progress(Percent, TimeRemaining)
progressdone.InnerHTML = String(Fix(Percent/4), "_")
progresstodo.InnerHTML = String(Fix(25 - (Percent/4)), "_") & "|"
progresstext.InnerHTML = Percent & "% - " & TimeRemaining & " sec(s)"
objShell.Popup Percent & "% - " & TimeRemaining & " sec(s)", 1, "Progress", 7
idTimer = window.setTimeout("subUpdateProgress Percent, TimeRemaining", 1000, "VBScript")
End Sub

Sub subUpdateProgress(Percent, TimeRemaining)
window.clearTimeout(idTimer)
End Sub
</script>

<body>
<span id="progressdone"></span><span id="progresstodo"></span>
<div id="progresstext"></div>
</body>