Marvell Raid Driver integration

bumbee

Ok, I've been trying to integrate the drivers for my raid controller, and I have tried most anything I can think of, I've tried it with the preinstall OEM on/off. I've tried removing the standard raid drivers, I'm pretty sure I'm trying the correct drivers... Then when I try to install, at the very first part of installation, loading the drivers it says "File mv61xx.inf is corrupt" then give any key restart... Using the f6 floppy form is not an option unfortunately... :( Any tips/needto-knows on raid controller drivers? and succesfully integrating them? Pretty much, all I'm doing is integrating in textmode form. Any ideas?

Ok! This is extremely weird, I tried in Normal PNP form, and that error was removed! Now it passes installation, but the stripe is not recognised by windows (partition still shows both drives, not a combined single. Is PNP just looking like its working? Or do you think I have a new problem?

Ok, in raid drivers, am I supposed to disable OEM preinstall? what all are some common need-to-do's with installing raid drivers??? I'm trying different ways but nothing is working...=\

Ive had this problem also when integrating textmode drivers. It seems that removing the drivers that come with XP vanilla will fix the problem.

In the 'drivers' section of nLite I insert ONLY the textmode versions of the drivers, NOT pnp mode.

In the next section, 'components', under the 'Drivers' heading, I check the box next to 'SCSI/RAID' to remove it.

This trick also helps if you are having problems integrating video drivers. Check the box for 'Display Adapters' and 'Display Adapters (old)' to remove them if they conflict with your integrated video drivers. EDIT: Also helps integration of custom WLAN drivers as well.

Hope that helps. Please come back and verify for us if it does.

Edited by msdemich

Did not work. I'm using my own drivers and the ones suggested to me above, anytime I use the textmode, I get the corrupt message... I've removed the XP standard scsi/raids, and nothing changes... :(