Driver Integration

eddie11013

Looking for a little guidance / info regarding driver integration. I have two drivers that I want to integrate. One ‘audio’ & one video. They were on my ‘driver’ CD, but I was able to get them from Dell’s website. I put them in their own separate folders, uncompressed the ‘exe’s, and saw that they indeed had ‘.inf’ files. I looked at the ‘original’ nlite program guide, and on the ‘Driver’ tab, it appears that all you have to do is ‘select’ the ‘inf’ files from these two ‘drivers’ and it will then integrate them into my CD. FYI, the video driver actually has two ‘inf’ files ( I selected both ) and the Audio driver has ‘four’, two in an “SE” folder and two in an “W2k_XP” folder, ( I selected one from each folder ). Question is, is that all I need to do?

Reason, I ask, is I was looking at the ‘Unattended Guide’, and also the “Unattended Windows Discussion & Support / Device Drivers forum“, and there are all these different ways of doing this same thing. Only with more steps involved - read that, more complicated. So I’m a little confused. I ran a virtual pc because I was also testing the last of my unattended applications that I had made and also because I figured out how to add the ’registry tweaks’ to the $OEM$ thing. But, as I have read here before, you can’t tell on a virtual pc if the drivers have been slipstreamed/installed.

I also have an ‘Intel’ chipset - system driver - but it doesn’t have an ‘inf’ file so I will just install it after I have reformatted.

Thanks in advance for any guidance,

Eddie

Thanks for your reply, Ponch

"Yes. Are you skeptical?" Well, I am a newbie.

And it has taken me some time to understand these things. As a for instance, take my learning how to use the nlite add on maker. This is an international forum and we use English to communicate. In the instructions/directions on how to use it, it first says to get the 'archive' and place it in its own folder. Well, I had an 'exe', so I made an 'archive' with IZarc and placed it in its own folder. There my problems began. It was only much later, and many tries, and many many virtual pc's later, that I figured out that when the "writer" used the word 'achieve', he was referring to the 'exe'. Once I corrected my mistake, the nlite add on maker program was very easy to use and worked great.

Anyway, thanks Ponch. I will proceed with my original plan.

Thanks again,

Eddie