Great Unattended DVD

Hi Guy'd I need your help...

I've just got a Mesh G2 Ultimate laptop with it came a backup DVD, on it are the following folders and files...

file... ASUS.SWM

file...ASUS2.SWM

file...BOOT.MGR

FOLDER....BOOT 14 meg (BCD file, Boot.sdi file,ETFS.msdos file.Fonts floder)

FOLDER...EFI 116 meg BCD file, Boot.sdi )

FOLDER...SOURCES 161 meg (Boot.Wim)

What this DVD does is runs from booting and offers you a choice of having 1 or 2 partitions, creates your choice, then installs Vista in 8 minutes, after that it asks for your driver DVD and installs them too in around 14 minutes in dos screen if you wait until in Vista it only takes 4 minutes.

What I'd like to do is try and figure out how its done so I can do the same with my Ultimate DVD and add the drivers to it.

I've read in here little bits here and there but don't really know which files to open as they appear to be code....I was expecting XML

Any help would be great cheer's

Cheer's in advance.....

Hi Guy'd I need your help...

I've just got a Mesh G2 Ultimate laptop with it came a backup DVD, on it are the following folders and files...

file... ASUS.SWM

file...ASUS2.SWM

file...BOOT.MGR

FOLDER....BOOT 14 meg (BCD file, Boot.sdi file,ETFS.msdos file.Fonts floder)

FOLDER...EFI 116 meg BCD file, Boot.sdi )

FOLDER...SOURCES 161 meg (Boot.Wim)

What this DVD does is runs from booting and offers you a choice of having 1 or 2 partitions, creates your choice, then installs Vista in 8 minutes, after that it asks for your driver DVD and installs them too in around 14 minutes in dos screen if you wait until in Vista it only takes 4 minutes.

What I'd like to do is try and figure out how its done so I can do the same with my Ultimate DVD and add the drivers to it.

I've read in here little bits here and there but don't really know which files to open as they appear to be code....I was expecting XML

Any help would be great cheer's

Cheer's in advance.....

What you have there is basically a restore disc of the Vista OS that was shipped with the PC. Two images that you may select most likely produced from a third party app like Norton or similar.

Very difficult to convert these images to a normal install DVD.

My two cents firstly you could set up your os the way you like it & simply image it using the wim (A search will find that info on this board) then you would have a better restore disk in your case.

Or you could ask your supplier or manufacturer for a proper Vista DVD but good luck or maybe MS? as this is not always acceptable.

Hi Sorry I what I mean is....I'd like to make an installation file like they have are the files you would get if you use Ms WAIK kit as I have an Ultimate DVD, its just it re-installs super fast so I'd like to make one myself....

Hi Sorry I what I mean is....I'd like to make an installation file like they have are the files you would get if you use Ms WAIK kit as I have an Ultimate DVD, its just it re-installs super fast so I'd like to make one myself....

OK now realize you have a seperate disc, two options create your own UA install disc with updates & programs etc or

Setup your Ultimate disc to liking & make an image of that & back up to disc that would install in around 8 to 10 minutes depending on how large the image is?