What option disables the NetBT service?

XIII

I've started experimenting with nLite again and lost quite some time because all my new installs are lacking internet connectivity :angry:

After quite some investigation, I discovered that the DHCP client service does not start, because one of the services it depends on, NetBT (NetBios over Tcpip), is disabled.

I can resolve this by opening the Device Manager, selecting "Show hidden devices", and setting the NetBT type to "System". Then I can manually start the DHCP client and will have internet connectivity again.

I guess I selected something for removal, or disabled something, which I should not have done (I did use the DHCP compatibility option of nLite 1.3.0.4 though).

What option disables the NetBT service?

• 2 weeks later...

Since the error is in my configuration (I guess), I have the same problem with nLite 1.3.5 (checked today).

Anyone a suggestion on what error I may have made in my configuration?

hi. I had the same problem as you did and spent an entire day trying to recover TCP/IP drivers to get DHCP working again. Didn't manage, so I just created a new nLite XP installation without removing as many components and it worked... sorry but I couldn't pinpoint which component actually causes DHCP to fail.

Anyone else have this problem?