Which OS are you?

erfahren

windows_95.jpg

However, Windows 95 was possibly the best OS MS ever released IMO. It was stable, but... it just couldn't do as much as the later OS's. Which is why I now run Windows XP.

Really? Windows 95 was great - at the time. But I think the most rock-solid version of windows ever was Windows NT 5. I don't say Windows 2000 or XP or 2003 or whatever for a reason. Here's how I see it: NT 5.0, aka Windows 2000, was the most solid MS OS ever when it was released. But the UI was a bit cappy. Then, along came 2000's brother, NT 5.1, aka Windows XP. 5.1 was essentially the same as Windows 2000 as far as code base goes, but was in my opinion a lot more user friendly. OK, the animated search dog is totally obnoxious and needs an animated rifle to accompany him, if you get what I mean :whistle: , and the Welcome screen was a bad idea for everyone but grammas, and the Luna theme is annoying, though I like Royale Noir. So XP was like a nicer, prettier version of 2000. NT 5.2, aka Server 2003 and XP Pro x64, were also a lot like 5.0, just bit more stable. So I don't think Win95 was the best ever. Sorry.

well when you think about windows 95 it is still the biggest upgrade that windows has ever had.

i wonder if anyone got windows me, or wouldnt they be willing to admit if it if that was their result

• 4 weeks later...
Guest usafcomm21

you need to edit it so that only the image shows up:

[img] the url of the image [/img]

edit: of course, there shouldn't be any spaces in the img tag...

Edited by usafcomm21

well when you think about windows 95 it is still the biggest upgrade that windows has ever had.

i wonder if anyone got windows me, or wouldnt they be willing to admit if it if that was their result

A friend of mine had ME. He reckoned the ME stood for Malicious Edition.... :P