Securtiy Rollup Question

i've integrated the security rollup packeage into my unattended install, but no matter what i seem to do, hotfix KB822603 won't install. anyone else seen this?

a friend has the same problem with hotfix 327405. kinda wierd.

A lot of people are installing it, but it keeps showing up on windows update.  Look in your add/remove programs.  It should be there.

Glad to see I'm not the only person who was getting that!

BTW - The rollup package is 826939, not 822603 (USB Update). And according to this page, the setup parameters for the security rollup package haven't changed...

And according to this page, the setup parameters for the security rollup package haven't changed...

run the rollup with a /? switch and you will see they have changed.

Using /q /u /z does work for the rollup package. I've done the silent install and verified it with QFECHECK.

The old switches will still be there for a while yet, even their kb/technet articles don't mention the new switches, but it looks like they're planning to switch over to the new, more 'user-easy' switches if you get what I mean.

Why? I don't know, its my closest guess. :)

The old switches will still be there for a while yet, even their kb/technet articles don't mention the new switches, but it looks like they're planning to switch over to the new, more 'user-easy' switches if you get what I mean.

Why? I don't know, its my closest guess.  :)

Isn't it Microsoft's job to confuse the hell out of people every time they think they're finally understanding the "standards" :rolleyes:

For example, we have type 1 hotfixes, type 2, the mdac update, now this :D

WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

BTW, I think the cumulative rollup pack is another hotfix that VPC has issues with. I've tried a silent install of it and a regular windows update install and in both instances, WU still says I need to install it. I haven't tried it on an actual XP install yet other than VPC, so I can't say if there's any truth to my speculation.

On another somewhat related note, I've also noticed that WU hasn't been updated yet for Jet 4.0 SP8 which was recently released. It still tells you that you must install SP7.