Hyperos 2003

R600

Anyone got HyperOS at all? Or have interest in this software?

I received mine this morning, but won't have a chance to install it until tomorrow afternoon.

If it runs the way I expect it to, then I can say bye bye to the 40-50mins of setup of windows... until Longhorn comes out. :rolleyes:

It also allows you to run any copy of windows at any time without having to reboot first (need to install each version thru HyperOS).

If anyone is interested, PM me with any queries and I'll get back to you asap. :)

Can you make another copy of the ones you got already in less than 60 secs?

As I said earlier, I won't get a chance to install HyperOS until tomorrow (afternoon when i go home). Once, I've installed it, I'll be testing the features on it.

It says you can clone copies of the OS in less than 60secs... which is a good thing since I've installed XP countless times in the past 3 months.

Can you make another copy of the ones you got already in less than 60 secs?

As I said earlier, I won't get a chance to install HyperOS until tomorrow (afternoon when i go home). Once, I've installed it, I'll be testing the features on it.

It says you can clone copies of the OS in less than 60secs... which is a good thing since I've installed XP countless times in the past 3 months.

Actually you can do that cloning with VirtualPC or VMware in less than 60sec(may depend on how fast ur hard drive is). its just a matter of copying ang pasting the virtual OS as its only one file. Also with VMware you can actually have a whole domain of networked virtual OS in just one PC. Ive tried 5 Virtual machines in 1 pc with matching firewall and DC, but slowed down my host computer. need more RAM.

But ive heard this HyperOS has some strong points. Will be waiting for your comments on the product.

Thanks in advance.

OK, so I've installed HyperOS and got Windows XP running now.

From what the manual tells me, cloning C: to say drive E: - any changes made to the system files (deleting them) will also delete the ones in the C: too. A bit strange, but lets not go there. :)

HyperOS is highly overpriced in my opinion because anyone wanting to make test copies of windows available can always install one on to a separate partition.

Talking from a Windows XP (only) user point of view, I think there is absolutely no need to purchase HyperOS unless 'Time' is the deciding factor. You'll have no benefit of using HyperOS if you're only running XP because there is no 'fast switching' between each 'test' copy.

If you're wanting to have test copies of Windows XP, you might as well install a clean copy of it in C: and make a ghost image (using Norton Ghost) and restore it into D: E: F: drives as this is what HyperOS requires you to do anyway.

Any Windows 9x users will most probably see the most benefits from HyperOS since Windows 9x uses a different kernel from the NT versions.

HyperOS has managed to take advantage of this and allow Windows 9x users to switch between copies of Windows 9x without the need of rebooting. Not only that, the OS can run off your RAM (HyperDrive).

However, it advices that you should only install the bare minimum if you want to use the HyperDrive feature as this eats up most of the memory on the system.

I'd say go for HyperOS if you've got the money, disk space and will be running Windows 9x versions on your system, or you seriously need to stop wasting time on installing Windows every 2 weeks. Otherwise there's no point of getting it if you're only running NT/XP versions.

• 4 months later...

Hi does anyone know where I can buy a copy of Hyperos 2004 for alot cheaper?

maybe 2nd hand? I think it is too expensive, the max I am willing to pay would be about 100 pounds.

thanks,

Philip

MS has released VPC2004. I find it really slow, also slows down my machine's overall performance.

The only good thing about VPC over HyperOS is that you can run another copy of an OS within Windows XP. Apart from this, I reckon it's a load of rubbish.

Hope HyperOS 2004 allows you to run another OS within Windows XP.