Mounting Image Error, Filter Manager, -2147023504

max_carpenter

Yes! I solve all problems! Vista was lied to my legs :-)))

First, with WIM Filter, is gone by installing really "clean" XP SP2.

(Before this I used nLited and Unattended by me distributive. It was tested by 3 years and many client's PC's with different software and no problems was happened =\)

Second, with error while appliance of settings was and making iso troubles (no access to file, as I member) solved by mounting partition with many free space to the default temp directory (C:\Documents and settings\User_name\Local settings\temp\).

Before this action C drive has 0.3 Gb free and I set temp directory to another partition with free space. I think vLite anyway uses some space on the default temp dir.

=====================

And now I have 624 Mb Cd with Vista without "trash" and it's make me happy :-))) Thank you, Nuhi, very much.

• 10 months later...

Hi,

Yea i have this exact problem too (code 2147023504), but i've used vLite before and it works fine so far, this error only appear when i replace the install.wim that i've created using the Vista SP1 Reverse Integration Guide (http://www.winbeta.org/comments.php?catid=1&id=9536).

I did exactly what the guide said only i did it using Virtualbox.

vLite works fine using the original install.wim, but once i used the one i've created, that error appear, obviously there's something wrong with my install.wim perhaps. But the guide also mention that i can use vlite to remove unwanted features from Vista SP1, so...it should work right? Hmm maybe i will try it again with only Vista Ultimate ISO which i've seperated using vlite.

Any clue what's happening?

Thanks.

First time when I tried the guide my WIM was unusable as well.

Then I did it from XP on C partition, Vista on D. Capturing that D from XP worked fine. All in virtual machine with 2 disks.

First time when I tried the guide my WIM was unusable as well.

Then I did it from XP on C partition, Vista on D. Capturing that D from XP worked fine. All in virtual machine with 2 disks.

Hi nuhi,

Hmm yea that's right, base on the guide, C should be XP and D is Vista, and yes i capture D:vista from C:XP, that's what i did and still didn't work. But i did it virtually on 1 HDD with 2 partition, sounds like you did it with 2 HDD, maybe i should try that.

But anyway i think that's probably somethin wrong with my image.wim, since the vista that i've installed then after installing SP1, have problems, it just can't get in vista, so before capturing D:vista, there's already problem with my Vista SP1.

Well back to the drawing board.