BSOD

wickerwolf

Hey all, i finished setting up my new rig yesterday and have hit some issues

The rig

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 "LGA775 Allendale" 1.80GHz (800FSB)

Corsair 1GB DDR2 XMS2-5400C4 TwinX (2x512MB)

Gigabyte GA 965P DS3 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard

Powercolor radeon PCI-E X600

I was doing some tests with ortheos to see the temps etc, do these look ok http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/wic...stTemps0001.jpg

At the moment in coretemp its readin core 0 temp 36°c - core 1 temp 37°c. Arent hey a little to high given that im using the freezer 7 heatsink? Do you think i migh of used to much thermal paste? (if that could make the temps to high) Yet in easytune5 which came with the mobo its reporting cpu temp as 19°c

Also ive had this BSOD happen twice SCREENIE It happend once yesterday when i was j ust browing round my HDD, and again today when i went to open coretemp. So both times i wasnt pushing the system or anything.

Edited by wickerwolf

Almost always, when csrss.exe crashes (and your STOP 0xC21A error says this is the crashed module), you've got one of three problems:

1. A system driver (usually antivirus or backup software, but I've seen remote control, network, and video drivers cause this too) has hooked into the process (either explicitly or a global hook) and excepted, which will cause the subsystem to crash and thus bugcheck the box

2. Mismatched file versions for csrss.exe and it's supporting .dll files can cause it to crash if csrss.exe calls an export that doesn't exist in the .dll it's calling (for whatever reason), or expects a certain response from a call that it doesn't get, etc. - this is bad, and generally reapplying the Service Pack and subsequent hotfixes resolves the issue

3. Bad / Overclocked hardware can cause this if it's a timing issue, and we're exposing flaws in the hardware by pushing it harder than originally intended.

Your temps look good; they have a good sticky over at Tom’s Hardware about C2d temperatures.

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/Co...pict221745.html

EasyTune reports Tcase on your processor where as Core Temp reports from the temperature sensing diodes in each core and is typically 15°C higher than Tcase.

It must be cool in your house lower than19°C ?

I had the Freezer 7 Pro. but with my overclock (see sig) my load temperatures in TAT were getting into the low 70’s (Ambient 28°C) so I switched to the Sycthe Infinity and my idle temps only dropped 2 degrees but my load temp dropped 7. I also took the fan from the Freezer 7 and attached it to the Scythe so I have push pull fans running on it and the Freezer 7 fan has no fan shroud so this also blows air on my north bridge heat pipes.

Edited by RJM

try this

1.Perform an extensive memory test using memtest86+

2.Use last known Good configuration in booting in safe mode

3.Attempt registry roll back:The SYSTEM hive, which is located in %systemroot%\system32\config\SYSTEM, is responsible for the entire HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System tree. This is where hardware driver information is stored. If the Last Known Good option fails to solve the issue, it may be possible to revert to a previous SYSTEM hive by taking advantage of the System Volume Information folder. There are many other ways to cause this STOP error, including buggy drivers and damaged memory modules or other hardware.

4.boot into safe mode

5.5: CHKDSK /r

Boot your Windows installation media, begin setup, and press R at the first screen to enter Recovery Console. An alternate way to jump straight into Recovery Console is to tap F10 when you see the status message about pressing F6 for mass storage drivers. NOTE: if your mass storage controller is SATA, SCSI, or external EIDE, you may need to press F6 (depending on whether the controller is in INT13/legacy mode or not) to allow Windows Setup to load mass storage device drivers from a floppy diskette so that Recovery Console will be able to see your system drive.

Once you are logged into Recovery Console, type chkdsk /r and press Enter.

goodluck :hello: