WMP11\syncpl11.wpl
WMP11\syncpl12.wpl
WMP11\umdf.exe
WMP11\WindowsXP-MSCompPackV1-x86.exe
WMP11\wmdbexport.exe
WMP11\wmfdist11.exe
WMP11\wmp11.exe
WMP11\wmpappcompat.exe

as for ie7, be certain not to have any ie6 update in there ... much more, try re-running HFSLIP.cmd with only supported HFs as may be seen in TC's sig ...

it's necessary? I don't make any cd, I just use the i386 from the Sourcess

As for media player.... yeah it's quite different.

Aaa.... found the problem for Media player. I have extract the files from switchless package, not from the original installer. What a stupidity!!!!!

Edited by fumantsu

Certain new files for IE7 and WMP11 need to be copied into the Program Files folder. This can't be done from TXTSETUP.SIF so they must be copied into Program Files at a later stage of Windows setup through an INF file (HFSLIPWU.INF in this case). However, the INF file must know what the source location of these files is and one of the CD tags is used to determine which "drive" they are contained in.

I don't know exactly how you install from your new source but it's important that the CD tags are present in the SOURCE folder while running HFSLIP so it can hardcode a tag name into HFSLIPWU.INF. HFSLIP even blocks slipstreaming of IE7, WMP and WM codecs if a CD tag could not be determined. Also, the i386 folder as well as the CD tags should then be placed in the root of a drive.

Edited by Tomcat76

perhaps he also installs through network with unattended.sourceforge.net

afaik this works even without the files you mentioned, plain i386 folder should work

could this be the reason, why some cab files don't work and can't be copied during setup?

Network installs require that all files that are to be installed later are cached first. Providing the necessary source IDs in HFSLIPWU.INF is not enough; they need to be copied into the temporary install folder during txtmode copy (1,,,,,,,,3,3). This is not the case for a local CD-based install. Personally, I consider this a bug in Windows setup.

I should've covered them all by now, though.

I just use the i386 folder from the sourcess to add drivers through driverpacks. Anyway it's not problem to copy these files.

Today i try the latest build and the IE7 has been installed (at last!!!!), but when i launch it, the urlmon file crash....

ohhh that **** updates... i thought that i had remove all the ie6 updates... maybe the dynamic list with the updates must be some how reconstructed so that when ie7 is being selected all ie6 update will disappeared from the list.

I forgot to thank you all for your help...

Edited by fumantsu

maybe the dynamic list with the updates must be some how reconstructed so that when ie7 is being selected all ie6 update will disappeared from the list.
This has been the case since IE7 was added to the list. KB917344, KB928090, KB929969 and Windows Script 5.6 are removed when you check IE7.

When I'm using HFSLIP under x64 version of XP it seems he cannot slipstream IE7 x86 version into x86 WinXP distr.

As I can see some small window appears with red icon (like if you start IE7 installation on the wrong platform) then disappears rapidly so I'm unable to read the message. But this happens at the beginnig of HFSLIP work.

So HFSLIP shows that everything was ok, but that x86 system installs without IE7.

Is there a workaround? I don't want to use HFSLIP under VMWare because my work system is x64.

I can't work around a problem before I know what it is. I don't have XP x64.

Do you have iexpress.exe in the SYSTEM32 folder of your work system?

Edited by Tomcat76