r u a pirate?

ripken204

piracy  

111 members have voted

1. 1. have you ever dloaded illegal material? one time counts.

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. do you illegally dload things on a regular basis?

• yes
    • no

basically i need to poll a group of people for a report i'm doing. all i need from you guys is to vote. there is no need to discuss anything here as i dont want the thread to become closed, i just need some results. thx guys.

When i take my granddaughter to the local park and we play on a boat there,

we make pirates sounds such as arrrrggghhhhh, make em walk the plank captain!

so I'm voting yes.

My real answer, I downloaded QuickTime Alternate to see why people held it in high praise.

I discovered it uses the CoreAVC codec from corecodec.com

which isn't available in any trial or shareware form.

So I'm guilty of the 1st question in the poll.

I don't ever download illegal stuff... I let my friends do it for me! :whistle:

Actually, I don't ever pirate software. I'm well behaved like that. :rolleyes:

But I do have a habit of "borrowing" install CDs and installing the product without activating to see if I like it, kinda like a trial version, and then buy it if I like it and uninstall it if I don't. But I don't count that as pirating.

Thanks to the piracy I could know great art pieces like propellerhead rebirth (now abandonware officially) and corel worperfect (now i have a license for version 8 and 2002 update, but they are replaced by openoffice one month ago)

Thanks to the piracy I could know true fiascos like wind*ws xp and some PSX games. I had felt swindled if i bought that.

Good and bad, piracy exists (even micr*s*ft gives thanks to it) and is a good shop helper(piracy don't include support) when the shareware cannot convince.

Edited by chillinfart

I do, but not for me, lol. I only do it for a "friend" that is in school. Very rarely I might add. I used to run a patched version of XP back in the day until I could afford it(couple months). Fully legit on here now and has been for some time. :thumbup

I purchase access to newsgroups on a monthly basis, so yes to both questions. Paying for access makes it feel a bit more legit, but I know I'm only fooling myself with that kind of logic.

I do, yes, but not software. Tired of that stuff, did it for a little while then realized it's pointless and now I buy software. Music is another thing though.

When I start working full time I will purchase more music, but until then, I have a very fixed income.

I do with some productivity software, but not games. I buy those for sure. Music I can't say that really counts. That is such a fine line there. The problem is that a lot of bands actually bootleg their own stuff so I can't even count that.

Im sorry but i download illegal stuff almost everyday (games, software, movies,..)

Im really sorry but in our country and in my part of the country we are poor and we download through torrent!

For instance i cannot afford to buy Vista windows but with torrent its down in 6 hours!

bye

thanks for your responses and votes guys. you all bring out good points. im writing an essay against copy protections and everything have to do with it. some good reasons i have some of you have already pointed out, such as being poor or for specific programs that increase productivity.

All my teachers are citation-crazy. Cite this! Cite that! Bibliographies bibliographies bibliographies!

Would you need to cite this survey? And would this count as biased as far as numbers go because it is after all a computer geek/nerd/whatever site and more likely to have pirates? I agree that people raised good points and this would be helpful, but you should keep this stuff in mind.

Good luck on your paper! :hello: