Internet Explorer 7 in Windows 2000

I don't understand why MS limits their software to certain OS's. I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to install IE7 on Win2000.

So, I was curious if anyone as been able to install it on a Windows 2000 machine through some workabound.

In this case, IE7 uses functionality in the OS to provide features specific to browsing and security - since it would take a rearchitect of these components on a Windows 2000 machine or a Windows XP RTM or SP1 machine to make IE7 work, IE7 is XPSP2/W2K3SP1 and Vista/Longhorn only.

Remember, once a product is out of mainstream support, products generally don't get released for that platform going forward.

I am not sure but why dont you try to thinstall and in stall it on windows XP (Or 2003) then move the thinstall files to the windows 2000 PC i think it should work but you will have to try.

Reason failing IE7 system function calls of is cause it requests XP and higher features...

Don't mess up your IE6W2K with 7, either you take alternate browsers or newer OS!

As i'm a 2K user and developer of a Shellpack for it i use beneith that and XP now - Ultimate on my new PC :)