LOTRO stay away, you have been warned

ssgatbliss

Just got Lord of the rings Online and my advice would be to stay away especially if you have VISTA. They have posted a sticky that they are aware of the crashing problems in Vista and they are working on it but when you start reading deeper into the forums you find it's just not Vista it's XP. Apparently it's been going on since the 2nd Beta test of the game. What bothers me the most is Vista is listed under their recommeded stats on the game. That's wonderful, we recommened Vista but you will also experience crashes every 10-30 minutes. I usually don't get upset about new games that come out and and I expect some unstableness but this is just crazy. This game crashes at least every 30 minutes and sometimes far more often. You have been warned.

That is sad that the game was not "ready" yet. The screens and vids made it look promising. I didn't think it would be a WoW killer by any means but still thought it might be a nice change of pace.

The game looks really good, the only problem is I can't play it for more than a few minutes before it CTDs. I've never had an MMORPG that was this bad. Well, that's a lie. WWII online when it first came out was really bad.

just b/c they recommend vista doesnt mean that they are right. i personally recommend xp for games, i havnt been able to play any newer games with vista yet.

I can play BF 2142 with no problems and the new Silent Hunter 4. Once in a rare while SH4 crashes but 2142 is solid so far. I would think because it has the new "Games for Windows" and a Vista recommendation on the box it would at least work decently. I agree for older games that I would recommend XP but new games that carry the MS mark shouldn't have these types of problems.

• 2 months later...

Just an update, since the game has been patched it now runs fine on Vista. It's actually a pretty good game if you follow the storyline. If you wanna play hack and slash then it's pretty much just like every other MMORPG out there.

:)