msstyles on Windows 2000?

Looks like a tool for developers and that's all.

Not all:# Includes converter from msstyles file format to native ThemeEngine's theme (*.theme file)

# Completely compatible with all versions of Windows 95/98/2000/XP/2003/Me/Vista and NT 4.0 without necessity of using COMCTL32.DLL

If u can convert msstyles to *.themes you open the door to dowload and tracode the XP msstyles to 2k *.theme.You can download that msstyles

for free in a million skins web sites.

Edited by nomentero

But i need to buy this prodcut if i want to ship e.g. a MCE (Royale) theme with future version of cX2K...

And then i cannot deliver a copy with but the link to the creator of that tool!

Yeah, that's the one. Pretty neat, since the libraries would work under Win98 as well. Of course, you would need to build an application around those libraries.

In the mean time, I've found some tools that allow me to control the transparency of my taskbar and/or various explorer windows and other applications under W2k. (TransBar, Glass2k, and Effective Desktop) Problem is, none of them can turn the Start Menu and corresponding program groups transparent.

Oh well...

Fortunately i'm able of Object Pascal ;)

So their Delphi Libraries i can use :)

My themeing app maybe will then be an 2ktheme.exe with special self created desk.dll as addition for W2K desk.cpl (the XP one looks funny with 2K) :D

What do you think?

• 4 weeks later...

These WB solutions stucks me - i doen't want use that Stardock software...

But for now, i use the classic W2K Style "Windows NT5.0 EUR Edition", a german language modding backwards to the roots of the '99 Win: http://www.german-nlite.de/index.php?showtopic=8993

I use now all other solutions only in using VirtualPC, for development and testing packs...

Chris: What's the deal with the NT 5 pack besides those hacked bitmaps? Sorry but I can't read german!

In regards to skinning w2k, I think only Tihiy could work it out. No one has developed anything as important as RP for 2k in 7 years.

There was a project called ShellWM, which works under Windows 2000 through 2003, and will skin the windows. I do not believe there's anything out there that will skin the taskbar, though.

Chris: What's the deal with the NT 5 pack besides those hacked bitmaps? Sorry but I can't read german!

In regards to skinning w2k, I think only Tihiy could work it out. No one has developed anything as important as RP for 2k in 7 years.

That pack patches several Resources so the Windows 2000 looks more like an modernized NT4: NT 5.0

Either i try to develop enabling XPish design for W2K or i doesnt matter about...

I know tihiys RP projekt "stands" cause his (re)sources are lost - as he doesnt lost his skills i hope he will do anything for future!

Nevertheless:

I maybe give my XPProf to my father - but his PIII has only 128 Megs RAM: nLiteN for slimness usage installation disk. But the reconfiguration of his Windows will be done by another PC expert (not allowed to me)