NVidia drivers 82.69

Tihiy

Not sure if this will help or not; I noticed your card is a PCI-E card. Try removing all references to VGARTD.VXD from the INF and remove this file from your system and registry. AGP GART drivers are not necessary for PCI-E devices and it may be interfering in this case... :unsure:

Okey it seems I'm one step closer, I've limited my ram to 512mb and set refresh rate to 60hz (probably setting refresh rate did the trick) and now I can use 640x480 with 256 colors and Nvidia driver is loading correctly and I can see nvidia tray icon and see different settings, but going to any higher resolution or color bits causes windows to freeze.

Tried both using properties to set resolution and setting resolution from tray icon. Not sure if it's monitor related issue or a video adapter/driver one and unfortunately I don't have any other monitor to test in order to clarify what causes this issue. To me it seems to be an issue with how Generic PnP monitor driver handles modern Samsung 27" LCD PLN monitor which I'm using, my monitor supports 1920x1080 with 60hz refresh rate. I have it connected via VGA D-Sub cable. Didn't tried DVI-D one yet and I'm not sure if NVIDIA driver supports this type of connection or not.

Any suggestions what could be wrong?

Edited by troydm

• 2 months later...

hello im using pci-e geforce gainward 6800gs 512mb with driver 77.72 without problems in win98se. but i like to ask something is normal in the dxdiag the chip type and dac type to be n/a? in directx features the agp texture accelaration is disabled but i think thats normal since i use pci-e. also the hw id for this card is PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00C0&SYBSYS_080110B0&RE thanks in advance