NVidia drivers 82.69

Tihiy

I'm using a nVidia FX 5500 with these drivers. They work well.

They also support widescreen modes that the official drivers do only partially.

The official nVidia 81.98 drivers for Windows 9x do actually support the FX 5500, but these 82.69 drivers work faster!

>Has anyone seen this problem with the 7600 GS AGP in 9x with 82.69 drivers?

I've ALSO got a Gigabyte 7600 GS 256MB AGP passive cooled card, pen4 3Ghz, P4P800SE ASUS mother, Intel ICH5R, 2GB DDR, two win98SE and WIN98SE foreign version were installed 2 years ago and used the 5700NV until 7600GS recently. both 98SE's currently run under the condition of

[vcache]

maxfilecache=524288

in system.ini due to 2GB RAM installation.

what's happened to mine is

A. 82.69's setup.exe reports "can't find the nvidia chips....."

B. I tried the direct import of NVAGP.INF, 82.69 finished its installation, but upon rebooting for restarting, the two different cases of win98SE freezeed always.... so i put back win98se from its image, and tried other possibilities.

C. I tried all the possibilities from readme.txt but it didn't work so far.

I only used internet with win98SE, and never with XP previously. but now, with the standard VGA or super VGA mode for 7600gs, my modem doesn't work at all.

any help?

i will freshly install win98se to see if 82.69'd work someday, but my guts telling me it won't

retroOS Thanks for your reply,

I got it working, the culprit was the 2G of RAM that was installed, I took 1G of RAM out (which is a bad new for dual booting XP, i'd rather keep win98).

the below statement or its variation makes me install 2G RAM to get win98SE to work but that was just about it

[386Enh]

MaxPhysPage=40000

[vcache]

minfilecache=32768

maxfilecache=262144

chunksize=8192

I wasn't able to launch most applications before showing "low memory status"and using MS-DOS was out of question.

the maker of 82.69, I thank you for your hard work.

since when i tipped across the internet with firewall, and virus shield. my modem works now with the great visual aid of 82.69. Win98 backuped by its own image is unstoppable in internet.

I just got Asus EN7900GT/2DHT/256MB DDR3 PCI-Express in my hands and I can confirm that it works with 82.69 drivers well. I tried few games I usually try - GLQuake, QuakeII and Unreal tournament - any problem observed. Compared to 7600GS it gives much more power (better fillrate) to this older games, eg. Quake II gained ~800 FPS from ~200 FPS :P Of course in Crysis it is not so much but still well significant.

BTW it would be good idea to sum all tested graphics cards in 1st post or some place together.

Edited by xrayer

Hi,

My computer user Windows 98SE and has a Nvidia GeForce Fx 5200 graphics card.

However, even when using the 82.69 drivers (since 81.98), this problem occurs:

-The monitor gets turned off by the computer when there was inactivity for about 5 mins

-When I try to wake the computer, the monitor turns back on, but Windows 98SE hangs with a patterned green line across the top of the screen (Vertical green stripes, about 0.5cm in height, across the extreme top of the screen).

Is this a bug in the Nvidia driver, or can it be a sign of impending mainboard failure? Using the on-board i815 graphics adapter does not show this problem, and seems that this problem only occurs on Win9x (WinXP is fine). The graphics card is not the issue as this problem also occurs even when using another Geforce Fx 5200.

I solved this problem temporarly by disabling "Turn off minitor" under power options, but that just wastes energy. Anyone else had this problem?

-The monitor gets turned off by the computer when there was inactivity for about 5 mins

-When I try to wake the computer, the monitor turns back on, but Windows 98SE hangs with a patterned green line across the top of the screen (Vertical green stripes, about 0.5cm in height, across the extreme top of the screen).

I solved this problem temporarly by disabling "Turn off minitor" under power options, but that just wastes energy. Anyone else had this problem?

I've had the turn off monitor hang issue for years in 98SE on different PCs.

I've also been using nVidia graphics cards for years too... (with many versions of drivers)

I can't use the turn off monitor option. I just switch off the monitor when I'm not using the computer...

Annoying, but saves power!

I never found a working solution to the problem.

BTW, I found the 82.69 drivers to be faster with nVidia FX cards than the 81.98 drivers...

Thanks for the info anyway. Good job on the 82.69 drivers though. Anyway, is it possible to rip the driver out of a newer Nvidia display driver package for XP and use it on Win98? (Win98 does support WDM)

The support of pci-express is full?

What you mean by "full support"? PCI-E devices are controlled the same way as normal PCI

devices, you just have more virtual PCI busses resources.

Is there any new version of unofficial drivers for nVidia?

I need driver for 9800GTX.

Nope but let's try! Get the pci_id of your card (using "System info" or any other similar tool). We'll then tell you how to add your card to the *.inf file.

Nope but let's try! Get the pci_id of your card (using "System info" or any other similar tool). We'll then tell you how to add your card to the *.inf file.

Only adding the PCI DID, VID to INF file will 99% not help. 9xxx cards are based on newer GPU core. It's the same case when I was trying to run 7300GT with latest official drivers 81.?? with added INF entry. Drivers was installed OK then but buuted to VGA screen. I had to wait for unofficial 82.69. Nobody still proved if they work on 8xxx so I doubt it will work on 9xxx. As a last resort try universal VBEMP drivers by Bear Windows. It works fine if VESA BIOS is not crippled but it hasnt any kind of 2D/3D acceleration.

Edited by xrayer