Tweaks and alternative methods

NOTS3W

I'm using nLite 1.3 and testing in Virtual PC 2007. Dell XP Home. After setting a number of tweaks in nLite, I see several things that aren't as expected after installation in VPC. Others appear to be the way I requested. The question is, how to know what did and what did not work and if I should just skip the nLite tweaks and do everything with cmdlines.txt.

Small icons on the start menu - still getting regular sized icons but can change it after install.

Disable links creation in IE Favorites - still there.

Did not turn off Automatic Updates - it's off.

Requested Command Prompt on context menu - no dice.

I also don't get a quick launch bar and don't THINK I turned off anything to disable it, but again, I can set it manually after the installation.

There may be others I just haven't run across yet. So far everything else looks okay (remove user name, remove logoff option, etc.). There are some other things I'd like to do but nLite doesn't have options for (placement of the Recycle Bin, for example). Some or all of this I could set through cmdlines.txt. Is that the recommended approach? I prefer using nLite because it's all there on the screen and the other methods are more complicated and prone to fat finger errors.

How do you deal with tweaks? All outside of nLite or some here, some there?

Thanks.

Ray