unplug&replug USB device

oviradoi

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know of an app that would unplug and replug an USB device without you really needing to do it?

Just an app that would make Windows think I have removed the USB device and then plugged it in again

Thanx a lot

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know of an app that would unplug and replug an USB device without you really needing to do it?

Just an app that would make Windows think I have removed the USB device and then plugged it in again

Thanx a lot

And I thought I was lazy...

If you are talking about USB Mass Storage Devices, check here:

http://www.uwe-sieber.de/usbdlm_e.html

More generally, USBdeview can disconnect USB devices:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Following is just a guess on my part, but manually running the "New Hardware Wizard" should re-connect it, or maybe one could try manually starting the relevant services with "NET START".

jaclaz

Hi everyone.

Thanx a lot

And I thought I was lazy...

I didn't post here just beacause I was lazy...

I have downloaded InnoTek VirtualBox, a VM program that can work with USB sticks.

But it's method for working with them requires you to unplug and replug it frequently.

So, instead of going all the way in the back of my PC to use it, I thought there ought to be a nice app that would do that for me

I will try the programs posted here. Thanx

Edited by oviradoi

Vmware 6 can allow virtual machines to access USB devices.

Yes. VMWare 5 can do that too.

But InnoTek VirtualBox works a bit faster (I have an Intel P3@650 MHz so I need speed)

I also face this problem quite a few times. :D

I plug in the USB drive and do my work and then I remove it from the taskbar. But then I realize that there is still some more work to be done from the USB drive. So I have to pull it out and plug that in again to access the USB drive. This is annoying becoz I have to reach behind the CPU and do the plgging and unplugging.

Is there a way to reconnect the USB drive without installing any additional software (I mean by utilizing Windows native tools/commands)?? (PS: I don't have permission to install any additional software)

• 2 weeks later...

I have figured it out.

InnoTek VirtualBox doesn't really work that way.

You only need to unplug&plug it ONCE.

So I don't really need that app any more

But those apps you showed me are really good

Thanks anyway.