How do i include new DirectX versions?

banzemanga

Hello, everyone. I want to know how can i include the new versions of DirectX redistributable into my modified nLite Windows instalation.

Can i just include the new DirectX redistributable package as a hotfix?

Edited by banzemanga

RyanVM's didn't work very well for me so I had to make my own with the /silent switch. It's about 35MBs larger than RyanVMs but it worked as it should. Anyway how did he get that addon so small? Seems like going from a 40 MB redistributable to a 5MB addon there would have to be something missing.

• 4 weeks later...
RyanVM's didn't work very well for me so I had to make my own with the /silent switch. It's about 35MBs larger than RyanVMs but it worked as it should. Anyway how did he get that addon so small? Seems like going from a 40 MB redistributable to a 5MB addon there would have to be something missing.

I managed to create a "switchless installer" executable file using the /silent switch and cut the file size by removing the x64 files, but how is this integrated in nLite? I tried integrating it as a hotfix but that didn't work. Any ideas and where I might be going wrong?

EDIT: just discovered this thread:

http://www.msfn.org/board/How_To_Create_Ad...ide_t63596.html

it pretty much answers my question

Edited by Orbsplateau