My New Changed Setup Screens of Vista

I think this used to happen with XP.

WINNTBBA.DLL and WINNTBBU.DLL from I386 were the 2 files that would contain the strings & resources, that were used from setup.exe & boot-setup respectively? Just thought this piece of info might help to find a solution.

yup..but for vista, thr is nothing like this . caz i have almost edited all files which are responsible for setup wizard and contains resources of it. even enabled show hidden system files option if any files r hidden in dvd.

Edited by amit_talkin

@AMIT

u need to edit those files in boot.wim

boot.wim contains 2 images

1st is tha bootable WinPe image and 2nd contains the same as tha dvd contains (except boot.wim & install.wim ) {i think so}

so u wanna change that fins the required files in those wim images

thnx @innocent_devil ...yes..i looked into boot.wim, and replaced all files with mine edited one. it worked now !!! :thumbup . and yes you are right...boot.wim contains 2 images as u told.

btw. one thing i noticed...tht if u wanna install Vista by booting dvd only..thn u can remove files in "resources" folder of vista which are already in boot.wim...caz vista uses only boot.wim files while booting dvd ( i have tested this )

similarly if u want to install vista using setup.exe file, u can remove similar files from boot.wim and can reduce size of it.

r u getting me wht i want to say? :}

Edited by amit_talkin

lol..nop..its not...i tried by deleting all files listed above from "resource" and "resources\en-us" folders ( all files which i have modified )...then booted the DVD....though installation started!! thts y i have written in bracket that " i have tested this " :) boot.wim having its own setup.exe ...u can check it.

Edited by amit_talkin

• 3 weeks later...

boot.wim is an image file you would simply mount it with imagex.exe which comes with the waik tools for managing images etc.

imagex /mountrw D:\Unattended\Vista\Vista2\sources\boot.wim 1 D:\Unattended\Vista\Mount

imagex /unmount /commit D:\Unattended\Vista\Mount

Paste these two lines of code into seperate text files & name it what you wish with a .cmd ext. change the paths as you see fit.

Edited by MAVERICKS CHOICE