unattended.sourceforge.net + HFSLIP

vci

hi there,

I've got the following problem:

I use a linuxboot cd to boot over network, choose packages to install and then run an unattended setup. All this is possible with unattended setup from unattended.sourceforge.net

Now I wanted to add a fully patched win2k to it

but when copying the files, he tells me that createcab.cmd is missing! though it is in the i386 folder ...

another problem I remember, when I first tried it that way some time ago, when installing with recovery console, he also complains about missing files ... but I didn't test that with the current version

i'm using this list:

http://users.telenet.be/tc76/winup/_win2k.html

with all the stuff I can get from there

source is a clean win2ksp4

6 months ago I already created a win2k fully patched with hfslip

I need to look up the logfile but as far as I remember, some of the .cab files didn't work with unattended.sourceforge.net (stuff that goes into the HFCABS folder)

therefore I didn't add all the stuff from the HFCABS folder ...

now I tried it with all the stuff, not tested yet with less .cab files

I hoped this problem would have been solved *g*

I guess this is a problem in general with network installations and is not caused by unattended.sourceforge.net

6 months ago he complained about some missing files when including all possible .cab files (I guess it was iuctl.cab and some other optional stuff, IE6 works fine!!)

now he complains about createcab.cmd ...

Edited by vci

I just figured out that createcab.cmd comes from KB917008 and it's referenced to from the inf file that's copied over. The latest test release strips out any instance of "createcab.cmd" which should fix the problem you're having.

But it's strange that you have that file in your source as HFSLIP deletes it. Is it possible that you have another MMC hotfix in your HF folder?

tested it and he still complains about missing createcab.cmd!

this file also still exists in the i386 folder!

btw:

with HFSLIP Version - 60809a and Windows2000-KB917008-x86-DEU.EXE i did not have the problem ...

very strange, isn't it?

Edited by vci

I think I cracked it down. HFSLIP was doing the work on that hotfix based on the existence of "ARA_mmc.exe.mui", but localized versions of KB917008 do not contain these MUI files. As a result, createcab.cmd was not deleted and the INF file from the hotfix wasn't edited.

The new test release (70504a) doesn't check anymore for the existence of "ARA_mmc.exe.mui" as a rule to remove createcab.cmd. It is now "just removed"...