Can application settings in user profiles be shared?

SpaceCaseDave

I have my computer set up so I Have a Admin account and a Guest account, my Admin account has a password for a reason, so that when people use my computer they can only get onto the guest account, therefore making it so they cant install any programs.

My problem is that when I install things like Opera (my prefered web browser) on the Admin account, and configure all the options the way I like it, I then log into the guest account to find that there are no shortcuts for the program and when I then make a shortcut and launch the program it is still set to the default settings even though I painstakinly set everything up nicely under the Admin account.

Is there a way to have windows share application settings and shortcuts between user accounts, and if so, is there a way to make nLite make this part of the windows default setup.

If you can't find an option to properly install your config on all accounts, you can use the brutal way to do this. Just copy your profile folder well configured (I don't know how it works with opera, but firefox got a folder associated for its config) to all users accounts. I know, that's ugly, but eh, if it works why not :thumbup

Um, sorry but I would think that's how user profiles work.

why not take another option and use the scripting language of your choice to copy the profile you set up to the other accounts? (so basically, you have your pre-defined profile on your unattended cd and copy it in ever users profile dir)

Registry changes to HKU\.Default or HKCU during installation of windows, BEFORE the first logon are incorporated in the %SystemDrive%\Documents and Set-tings\Default User\NTUSER.DAT.

New user profiles, including Local System, Local Services, and Network Services, are replicated from %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User, and that includes .\NTUSER.DAT. That file is completely built before the first user logon, and cannot be edited directly by one of the registry editors (HKU\.Default is the Local System profile!). To modify %SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User\NTUSER.DAT, it must be loaded into HCU with a new key name, followed by applying modifications under that key and unloading. This can be automated with the Reg.exe command line utility.