Tip for nforce2 and geforce2-4 users..

Shadow_Fi

There is no support for nForce 2 based mother boards, and no support for Geforce 2-4 on Vista. But, old WinXP drivers work just fine! I use 1024mb of DD400 and nForce 2 based motherboard, AMD Athlon 2400+, and GeForce 4 Ti 4200, and I am using Vista just fine. I runs fast enough and no bugs with WinXP drivers so far.. :whistle:

When you install drivers, make Setup.exe run as WinXP SP2. You can find that if you click it with the right button on mouse, go in properties, and somewhere there will be that option.. "Hope you understood what im talking about".

Edited by Shadow_Fi

There is no support for nForce 2 based mother boards, and no support for Geforce 2-4 on Vista. But, old WinXP drivers work just fine! I use 1024mb of DD400 and nForce 2 based motherboard, AMD Athlon 2400+, and GeForce 4 Ti 4200, and I am using Vista just fine. I runs fast enough and no bugs with WinXP drivers so far.. :whistle:

When you install drivers, make Setup.exe run as WinXP SP2. You can find that if you click it with the right button on mouse, go in properties, and somewhere there will be that option.. "Hope you understood what im talking about".

I'd suggest sticking with the certified WDDM drivers included with Vista. Why would you want to include non-WDDM drivers?

I'd suggest sticking with the certified WDDM drivers included with Vista. Why would you want to include non-WDDM drivers?

Because some of the wdm drivers are crap.

the wdm for my agp card cause bsod's and vista will not install.