All In One vista x64

NunyerB

Just browse to the root of it, don't select individual versions (folders), but even if you do it should select the root automatically.

So try not to copy one of them aside, keep original directory structure of the dvd, then it should work fine.

Just browse to the root of it, don't select individual versions (folders), but even if you do it should select the root automatically.

So try not to copy one of them aside, keep original directory structure of the dvd, then it should work fine.

ok i browsed to the x64 dir on the dvd (copying is almost done) from vlite

hope it works ok

will give feedback

hey all i just wanted to give an update

i switched to fooling with vista home basic x86 (all i want is a good game machine for DX10 as i have a geforce 8800gtx) and i will use linux for my main OS on another partition

i turned on everycheck mark in vlite

i inserted all my drivers (chipset, raid, sound, video and monitor)

the image is at 650

im buring as i write this...

i had a problem with windows update on the prev image (which was all check marks on also)

i couldnt dload net framework 3.0 update (actually i think it was the whole thing not sure) but either way it would fail everytime

not sure if i will have the same prob with vista home basic x86 but i bet i do

when we goto windows update (no matter which version we are using) how do you know which updates are ok to get?

what if we get updates and we dont even have that component installed?

will it break anything?

couple suggestions for the creator of vlite

picking vista home basic lists some features that i do not believe that are supposed to be there. ex: aero i seen in there when i think its supposed to be only in vista home premium and ultimate

some suggestions just to make vlite better now :)

if you pick vista ultimate (and then look at the components to either check on or check off) it would be nice if it would say found only in "vista ultimate", "vista home premium", "vista home basic", "vista business" etc...

AND a big one that gets me every **** time

when you first run vlite it asks for the source (vista) and then you pick the destination dir....and then it takes about 45mins to copy if you are using the "All In One" DVD

anyhow i have messed up i guess a couple times becuase i clicked finish once before "Make ISO" and then there was another time when i just did a "Direct Burn"

well it deletes all the files from when it originally did the source/destination transfer....

so baiscailly what i am saying is after the copying from the source to the destination that dir should be read only so there is no way to change its contents

just a few suggestions i think could improve you already great app

thanks

Edited by NunyerB

WCF component removal is responsible for failing .NET 3 updates, component removed in next version, gonna be replaced with .NET 3 later on.

You can install all updates.

Aero theme is there but you are mixing it with the Glass effect.

vLite won't show a component if it's not detected, it is not static list.

And for the last suggestion I agree, it should ask to recopy the source where to set the modified version.

But that takes time, it should recopy the whole folder and modify it, somehow I think that it's you who should have done the backup, I always keep the full version on some other partition for fast retrieval. Btw if you spin up the drive it will copy much faster, it's some detail which I got to deal with eventually.

WCF component removal is responsible for failing .NET 3 updates, component removed in next version, gonna be replaced with .NET 3 later on.

You can install all updates.

Aero theme is there but you are mixing it with the Glass effect.

vLite won't show a component if it's not detected, it is not static list.

And for the last suggestion I agree, it should ask to recopy the source where to set the modified version.

But that takes time, it should recopy the whole folder and modify it, somehow I think that it's you who should have done the backup, I always keep the full version on some other partition for fast retrieval. Btw if you spin up the drive it will copy much faster, it's some detail which I got to deal with eventually.

my bad on thinking aero theme was aero glass.

it dont need to recopy the source....it just needs not to touch the source (only read from it) like when you "make ISO" it makes the ISO in a new dir outside the working dir

from within vlite...when i get to the "Drivers" step i added all my drivers last night...chipset, nvraid, monitor, sound and video card (note all COMPONENTS were checked ON in vlite) so there was no drivers so i added mine

vlite i used "multiple drivers" located in one dir with subdirectories and it seen and added them fine

so i made the ISO and burnt it

went to reboot and install but it kept saying the drivers wasnt certified and i kept hitting install about 20-30 times and same messages kept coming up so i started to hit do not install about 20-30 times then it finally completed the isntall

im not sure if i needed to hit install anyways 20-30 more times or if from the beginning i should have hit dont install

my point is i dont think it is installing anything when that message comes up and we hit "install anyways"

im not sure

Well how do you expect it to modify the installation without actually modifying it. Making ISO is just copying files into certain format suitable for the CD/DVD drives, modifying installation isn't just copying files. In Vista's case it's editing one big file, the image.

You should have selected to install drivers obviously. That means you are using beta or non-vista drivers. Use WHQL certified and it won't popup.

Well how do you expect it to modify the installation without actually modifying it. Making ISO is just copying files into certain format suitable for the CD/DVD drives, modifying installation isn't just copying files. In Vista's case it's editing one big file, the image.

You should have selected to install drivers obviously. That means you are using beta or non-vista drivers. Use WHQL certified and it won't popup.

in memory ;)

yea they arent whql but i thought they dont have to be whql (thought they only needed to be signed) being signed and whql are two different things to my understanding