Vista with Devices and Removable Storages Problem

SoKoOLz

Hi guys,

Suddenly, I'm not able to access my thumb drive in Vista.

I don't know why, it popup and error message that says "Access Denied" even though I have used it before. I've tried with my other thumb drive and the result is the same none of them is working. I'm sure that I didnt set any permission for that, It must be the latest MS patches.

My Account is a full Admin account with UAC turned off.

BTW: All my thumb drives are still working because I've tried it on my other XP systems and they all work fine.

Have a look at my screenshots:

mycomzx4.png

mycomerrsm3.png

Please help,

Thank you

I've tried login as an Admin account and the same thing happen, so I dont think re-adding my own account would work. But I'll tried that and let u know.

Ok, it doesnt work... T_T

Edited by SoKoOLz

Hey guys, I found the fix !!

I just cant wait for the solution anymore, so what I did was actually reformat and everything works again LOL.

I can't help it, one day my removable drives are working fine then the next day they stop working. Very annoying actually.

Reformatting is the quick and easiest way to do LOL.

Thanks anyway

There have been no patches released since RTM that would affect external disks, superfetch, or readyboost. Things like this don't just happen, so hopefully you can remember what was done before the drives disappeared so you don't repeat this :).

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone discovered the fix for this yet? I am having the exact same issue on an accounting workstation where reinstalling the OS along with all of the software and data would not be an easy task. Thanks In Advance.

K, I found "A" fix for this problem. The problem seems to be consistent with Acer computers running Vista. To fix the issue you must uninstall all of the installed "Acer" software specifically the Acer eSecurity software. I found that this will allow me to read and write to the removable drives however the only minor setback that happened was that the icon for the drive is now the "unknown file" icon instead of CD-ROM or USB Drive Icon or w/e. Hope this helps.