Nero Lite/Micro 7.8.5.0

Major

@actetken, @hugo25

I think this error "An error has occured during the start of Nero ProductSetup" is due that you have installed previously the original installer Nero Ultra/Premium, because the Nero Lite does not use the Nero product Setup, only it uses it Nero Ultra/Premium. It is just an opinion, anyways tomorrow i will do what i have said before.

@actetken, @hugo25

I think this error "An error has occured during the start of Nero ProductSetup" is due that you have installed previously the original installer Nero Ultra/Premium, because the Nero Lite does not use the Nero product Setup, only it uses it Nero Ultra/Premium. It is just an opinion, anyways tomorrow i will do what i have said before.

I don't think, because I have reinstall vista, and Nero Lite 7.8.5.0 is my first install of Nero.

Edited by hugo25

Yeah, R2 was the first Nero I installed on a clean Vista install as well. If it broken, R2 broke it. Doing a registry clean tonight. I'll see if that helps. (Running CCLeaner didn't.)

hi

i tried the nero lite recompiled version. It really good, thx for your effort Major.

However please help me with 2 small questions:

1. I install the version of Archeon (nero lite 7.5.5.1), and i check the version of burning rom and express are all the newest version (7.8.5.0), so what is the different between your version of archeaon version?

2. After input serial, your setup go through some process. Only until it appear a nero express windows (with no choice inside it), which is after the activation process. There is one icon in system tray. However the setup stuck there forever, and setup windows indicating "Finishing..." What is the problem here? please help me

yours sincerely,

razor what operating system are you currently using, if your using WindowsXP it should install fine, if your using any Version of Vista, then well there is still a glitch for verification..

ScOOt3r.

@razor813

1. I install the version of Archeon (nero lite 7.5.5.1), and i check the version of burning rom and express are all the newest version (7.8.5.0), so what is the different between your version of archeaon version?

I don´t know if Acheron has made a new version of Nero Lite 7.8.5.0, however is is strange after you have installed 7.5.5.1, it appears that the version is 7.8.5.0

2. After input serial, your setup go through some process. Only until it appear a nero express windows (with no choice inside it), which is after the activation process. There is one icon in system tray. However the setup stuck there forever, and setup windows indicating "Finishing..." What is the problem here? please help me

in which operting system do you install it?

I have a question to users of windows vista which nero is installed fine, what changes have you made in your windows vista? I refer

Install R4 from first page on Vista Business, only disabled UAC and the way windows notifies me about it. All else is clean install settings. I did have Nero 7 Premium on here but I removed that, rebooted and installed the R4. No problem installing or using. Great job on the Lite version. :thumbup

It looks like it doesn't work only in Ultimate, because I have had the same error (gets stuck at the end of installation) and didn't have a problem in XP... I have recompiled another version, however it may have some problems because it's my first time tinkering with this stuff... feel free to try it, I have had no problems in Ultimate with this one. http://rapidshare.com/files/28932719/Nero-...nglish_lite.exe (doesn't have MauSau plugins)

Well, i have just tried in the computer of an other friend with windows vista ultimate, and it has installed and worked fine. I have tried it in a fresh installation also.

I think there is the final release. So @acetken, @hugo25 try this version and tell me please in order to upload the other languages with the final release. Here is the link:

EDITED:

The link is on the first post

Edited by Major

hi guys, thx for your reply.

actually no, im using windows xp home, and still got the problem of setup doesnot go through. I try on 2 others computer (windows xp pro) of my friend, they all got the same problem. I don't know why.

It stuck at the nero express windows, and the only way i can have it finish it, is to right click nero script icon in system tray and click "quit".

i afraid the setup not completed and might incur some problems in future.

the nero express windows look like this :

bsSOOf_untitled.JPG

note: I reproduced the image, as i'm just lazy to install it again, however it look just exactly the same.

btw, is the plugin of dvd-video include in this nero lite? (http://www.nero.com/ena/DVD_Video_Plug_in_InfoPage.html), am i able to burn dvd video from an mpeg file?

what does the plugin do indeed? (encoding?)

any suggestion?

thx

Edited by razor813

Updated the first post with the version "Release Candidate 1" of Nero Lite 7.8.5.0 (Lite and Micro localized versions). I have tested it Windows XP and Windows Vista, it has installed well and worked fine in both operating systems, also in a clean and fresh installation. I was thinking to put the release final, but as it is never known, i have decided to put "release candidate 1", i hope that there are not still errors.

Enjoy :hello:

@razor813

afraid the setup not completed and might incur some problems in future.

the nero express windows look like this

don´t worry, it is not important, it seems the installer does not close the nero.exe, it can be due to several causes, but we are going to do a test. Try installing it silently without any intervention. Type in the prompt of CMD in the directory which is placed the installer the following sentence:

Nero7850_......exe /Silent /Serial="xxxxxx "

and inform me later please

btw, is the plugin of dvd-video include in this nero lite? (http://www.nero.com/ena/DVD_Video_Plug_in_InfoPage.html), am i able to burn dvd video from an mpeg file?

what does the plugin do indeed? (encoding?)

It is not included in Nero Lite, it is included in Nero Premium Full. I am not sure but i think it has the same work like DVD Author, it lets any mpeg to be playable with DVD, it transforms the *.mpg to *.vob and *ifo (the structure of a DVD)

Edited by Major