Nero Lite/Micro 7.8.5.0

Major

Major,

"Digital Audio appears twice in Audio Format Settings Decoder only, not in Encoder, finnally, one cannot configure WMP audio in Encoders, hit the configure button and nothing happens; onlyWMP

Also it happens the same in the version of Nero Burning (I refer to the original install nero), anyway i will have a look in it, also any solution from anyone is appreciated."

Been too long since I installed/used the original/bloated Nero7 but, Nero-7.7.5.1_english_lite did not have this restriction; for want of a better term, actually, in the scheme of things this really doesn't matter. I only mentioned it for completeness.

I was wandering if it is possible to retain the choices during install, as did Nero-7.7.5.1_english_lite, of whether or not one wants Nero VCD support or the Mausau plugins etc.; check boxes contained in the install dialogue box-checked=install, unchecked=do not install. This way one could have more control over it; I personally do not install the Mausau, find them too much and buggy-the filters always being updated, but, alot of people think otherwise so, choice would be nice. I, personally, use WinDVD to play DVD movies and DivX to encode so, again, I would choose no to Nero VCD

Lastly, thanks for this; I am not understating the obvious when I say we are all delighted you continued the project; and was able to do so successfully; any testing help you need......etc.

Edited by RickSteele

Great job Major! It works great.

I've downloaded Acheron's files too, and I'd like to know if you can do a tutorial.

I want to make a localized one (for French people) but I haven't succeded yet.

Thanks, keep up the good work.

Hey Major, I got one question:

How did you fix the bug that RickSteele posted in his first post (Launch error.png). I am doing an german installer and some people get this bug, too. Could you tell it please? Awesome work btw. :thumbup

Hey Major, I got one question:

How did you fix the bug that RickSteele posted in his first post (Launch error.png). I am doing an german installer and some people get this bug, too. Could you tell it please? Awesome work btw. :thumbup

Download and install R2

First, Thanks to anyone, all the works has been done by Archeron, i only repacked the program.

@RickSteele, thank you for your effort and your testing, they have been helpful

Been too long since I installed/used the original/bloated Nero7 but, Nero-7.7.5.1_english_lite did not have this restriction; for want of a better term, actually, in the scheme of things this really doesn't matter. I only mentioned it for completeness

i referred to the original installer 7.8.5.0 english trial, but i does not matter because i have found the culprit, Nero has removed the option to configure the windows media audio in his new version, i don´t know why.

In order to see it, change the msaxp.dll of the new version to the msaxp.dll of the version 7.7.5.1, you will see that you can configure windows media audio later. Also the duplicate of nerodigital.dll in the decoders is only in the new version of the library Nerodigital.dll.

Also i have added Mausau plug-ins and videocd support, and the option to select them or not.

@acetken

I have added the MauSau Audio Plug-ins.

@Mal15

I don´t know if there is a need to a tutorial, because all you need is on the Webpage of Archeron, only put the files in suitable directories and compile them after.

@Dynaletik

Before in the program it has been pointed to the default directory "ProgramFiles" to execute nero.exe, but now it is pointed to any directory where the program is installed.

In a few hours i will upload the new release R3. Here are the changes made:

• Added: MauSau Audio Plug-ins and also the option to choice them or not.
  • Added: the option to select VideoCD support or not
  • Fixed: the value of "MissingFilesState" changes from "0" to "1" when Nero is activated. Now it has been fixed to "0".
  • Fixed: it always creates the desktop shortcut although it is not selected.
  • Some minor fixes.

Edited by Major

Major,

One other minor thing; even though Nero is selected as the defacto image file handler during install, ie: bootable ISO, IMG etc., you must go into Nero's options and set it manually.

Again, can't thank you enough. Awesome effort! :thumbup

@RickSteele

You are right because i have removed the association of Nero to the commons images CD (*.ISO, *IMG..), as i have considered que the most people open those images with UltraISO, but if you consider that it is util, i will implement it in the future version with the option to associate or not.

I only use Nero-have been for six years or more, but, choice is always good; something Ahead took away from us when they redesigned their software. I mean, when I first upgraded to 7 from 6.6-itself beyond reproach in my books; not one coaster, I went through 30 high quality Verbatim DVD+/-RW's in less than a month using Plextor writers. I could not burn a simple backup DVD. Nero support is abysmal, to be polite about it; seriously, it is really, really bad. In the past, say two-or so-years ago Nero support was awesome. Anyways, I had to figure out for myself the root cause of this flaw and it was Nero's media filter executable, reminscent of 98SE, NT and 2000 days loaded up as a running service. I deleted it in the registery "Run" and from my Nero folder-voila, no more coasters. Nero support was two weeks getting back to me on my first support request, and my last ever, by which time I had already solved the problem, only to feed me with the usual; re-install, try different media and my system specs....on and on... I had uploaded my info.txt and one month's worth of history-the running txt file Nero keeps in the root directory of all Nero activity; successes, failures, codes etc. I guess they do not have time to read this information. I do not think I have ever seen such a good piece of software and company go in the toilet so quickly. I've bought Ashampoo and my experience with it was abysmal, Roxio, Ulead...etc. are as bad, or worse than Nero; so, for now, one is stuck. So, this NeroLite is literally a Godsend. Fantastic Major!

Edited by RickSteele

good work. i was working on an msi release of my own but i havent had the time to complete it and make proper testing. if i come up with something in the next week i will post it. meanwhile i will give yours a try. thanks.

This night, I will upload some languages. I have a question for anyone who is german or who knows german, this sentence is right?

Diese Seriennummer ist gültig für die Version DEMO

Wenn du die volle Version wünschst, mußt du deine Seriennummer eintragen

Thanks

Edited by Major