Batch Patcher 2.11

I'm looking at this program now to update it. Primary of which is to add detection of a couple of routine sets of patches that have escaped the current detection routines.

1) MS MSRT 2.0

2) The newer .NET patches. (KB958481, KB958483, KB958484)

Are there any others that can be suggested (i.e. routinely installed) but do not show up in Batch Patcher?

Also, any other good tweaks or suggestions are welcome.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't say I know the issue, since the link works fine for me and always has. :S

And I can't change the attachment facility link upon edit either, so really can't do much more.

I can't say I know the issue, since the link works fine for me and always has. :S

I tried with IE8 and FF3 and the download doesn't work. It always gives a HTTP 404 Not Found. Can you upload v1.03 like you did with 1.01 on 30 Apr 2007? Would be really nice, thanks!

If it is too big for the forum upload you can also use a One-Click-Hoster (pick one from http://oneclickhoster.lima-city.de/) or create a torrent...

Edited by binzgi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

absolutely fantastic!!! Tested on clean install of xp sp3 with .net 3.5 +ie7. Ran a check on windows update, downloaded all suggested updaes (48 in all) and then ran all 48 updates, including .net3.5sp1 + the additional post .net3.5sp1 updates + windows Package Installer + Windows update agent v7 with no trouble at all. Checked windows update and ms update afterwards - result = 0 updates to install.

From now on I'm just going to download the patches as they become available, save them in a dir and run the proggie on my xp iso cd.

thanks a lot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Is there any reason why this program wouldn't run on Windows 98 SE?

There is no reason that I know of that it shouldn't work on Windows 98 SE. However, I can only claim that it works on something when I tested it and know it works. That happens to be Windows ME and Windows XP. If it happens to work on other things (and it reasonably should) that I can't test it on, great! In fact, it'd be great to know what it works on and doesn't work on outside of what I can test.

• 4 weeks later...

WHERE IS THE DOWNLOAD PROGRAM???

I wrote a program that I've been using on Windows ME and XP to apply a number of patches at once to the system.

The basic idea of how it works: There's an interactive mode and non-interactive mode. Select the patches (or provide the directory on the command line) and then it runs the patches then offers to reboot. More details are in the text file with the program.

Comments or questions welcome in this thread.

WHERE IS THE DOWNLOAD PROGRAM???

Instead of SHOUTING:

http://www.msfn.org/board/forum-rules-upda...ead-t18408.html

11. Do not use CAPITALIZATIONS in the topic title or when participating in threads because they will not attract attention - instead it will annoy many of MSFN's members. Using unnecessary font formatting (i.e., bold font, increased font sizes, colored fonts, etc.) on the full body of posts is also discouraged.

simply READ the thread:

your post is this one:

http://www.msfn.org/board/batch-patcher-1-...54-page-27.html

just scroll up 6 posts or click here:

http://www.msfn.org/board/batch-patcher-1-...54-page-21.html

the program is in the attachment.

jaclaz

• 3 months later...

And I can't change the attachment facility link upon edit either, so really can't do much more.

Hi Glen

I just found your program but am also unable to download it. I get a blank window and if I add the link to free Download Manager it says file not found on server?