Xp Security Rollup Available!

Hmm...i wonder if that's for the final rollup. The beta rollup had the same file name. I wonder if microsoft simply made the beta rollup final, without changing anything?

-gosh

The microsoft's site says its 9MB. It says its going to dl them later

is there a pack for this whole file? I've slow connection. I do want to get the whole thing at once since I dl big files at an alternate place :)

okay the slipstream guide on http://MSFN.org/articles.php?action=show&id=38

is pretty alright and seems to be working.

but

When I had Xp CD without any sp1 I could integrate sp1 133MB file into the cd without going throught the batch files and manual file placements.

by running this

C:\XP\XP-SP1\UPDATE\UPDATE.EXE /S:C:\XP\CD-ROOT :)

taken from tacktech.com

it would copy the files overwrite neccessary stuff and thats it.

So are we able to do the same thing in this rollup version?

Thanks in advance...

The update is slipstreamable through either MS slipstream procedure or alternately by webmedics slip scripting procedure.

One catch though, first is that you must roll the iso with the cdimage tool and match date time stamp, there are a few errata reported if the cat and files fall out of sync. otherwise no other errors reported

Spheris!

I assume by MS method, you mean MS HotFix Slipstreaming Method, and not MS Service Pack Slipstreaming Method.

I slipstreamed it the same as any type I hotfix, similar to the methods used by WebMedic.

Could you please explain in a few lines what you mean roll with cdimage. and match date time stamp? When you say fall out of sink, do you mean date stamp sync, or file version sync. I currently use cdimage with a fixed date stamp of 10/10/2003, is that a no-no?

Thanks alot Spheris.

im wondering why you gotta use cdimage ..i use a preconfigured nero setup using original dates :) no problems

rolling an iso seems the longest root to me

when i said nope .. i meant, you cant use the servicepack integrate switch

Spheris!

I assume by MS method, you mean MS HotFix Slipstreaming Method, and not MS Service Pack Slipstreaming Method.

I slipstreamed it the same as any type I hotfix, similar to the methods used by WebMedic.

I think for the most part, we consider slipstreaming to be a one time step of applying changes to the original installation image (like we did w/ SP1.) Creating a process that replaces files and creates registry entries during EVERY install is not what I consider slipstreamed. I think most ppl would agree.

Semantics of the word "SlipStreaming" aside, could some please enlighten me as to how to "roll" an ISO. I think I have it figured out ... but I can't figure out how to light it. Seriously ... does this just mean create an ISO with a tool like cdimage, or is there a step I am missing somewhere. Please?