Xp Services

One of my goals for my next cd is to have more customizations. One thing i'd like to do is disable services depending on your needs. For example, if you're gonna use your computer just to play games, i'd like to disable unneeded services such as internet services. Or if you want to use your pc for the internet, but you don't have a network, i want to disable the networking services. This will speed up the computer and make the computer more secure.

I know how to disable and enable services from a batch file, my problem is my batch file won't know any extra services. For example if i installed norton internet security it will install a service. I couldn't write a batch file to enable or disable this service, since it is not an xp service. What i want is a way to disable all services but the ones i specify. So far i haven't found any way to do this. Does anyone have any insight on how to do this?

-gosh

This is from my registry hacks. I'm sure it could be applied to other Norton services as well.

;Disable Norton Unerase Protection
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NProtectService]
"Start"=dword:00000004