C-Media 9880

nitroshift

Hi guys!

Does anyone know where to find the x86 drivers for Vista for the above mentioned chipset? I googled, turned the internet upside down with no success. I also signed a petition to C-Media, still nothing :( Any / all help is greatly appreciated. Cheers,

nitro

From another fourm where success is being reported:

This is how to install C-Media CMI9880 HD Audio on windows vista

Download This driver: Latest CMI9880 driver with Flexbass- version 09.59.73

Extract it and run "setup" you will get an error message "Only support WinOS 2k/XP.." then press OK

Then you will got a dialog said that the program is incompatable with vista then run it with recommender setting press allow or press I don't remember

Continue the installation like normal, then the sound card driver installed then reboot [you HAVE to reboot your PC]

The next steps

This will install a STEREO speakers ONLY means that if you have and other speakers you have to unplug its jacks to let the C-Media contol application to detect that it's only a stereo speaker only not 4.1 or 5.1 or 6.1 or 7.1

After you unplug audio jacks a Smart Jack dialog will popup to see what jacks you pluged then it will work as stereo only

Plug you jacks again and I think it will work the whole sound system !!!!

This what was happened to let the sound card works

Edited by nightthief

• 2 weeks later...

I also have 9880.

I just pointed Vista to my XP drivers and everything works fine. Even the mixer works. The first time I installed drivers and ran the mixer, then closed it, Vista asked me if the program ran okay. I told it that it did.

I also have 9880.

I just pointed Vista to my XP drivers and everything works fine. Even the mixer works. The first time I installed drivers and ran the mixer, then closed it, Vista asked me if the program ran okay. I told it that it did.

:blink: Why didn't I try that before posting? :blink:

EDIT:

Thanks spacesurfer!!!! :thumbup

Edited by nitroshift

• 2 months later...
Why didn't I try that before posting?

I don't know. :whistle:

All of my hardware is for XP. But I have been able to install all the XP drivers in Vista without a SINGLE problem.

My hardware that I installed with XP drivers: Microtek USB Scanner, US Robotics PCI Modem, onboard Audio CMI9880, onbard Intel video, Marvell Yukon NIC onboard.

I also have a USB Microsoft Office Keyboard, which is not supported with IntelliType software > 5.0. Only the IntelliType 5.0 works but the installer will not install in Vista. So, I extracted the setup files and ran the setup in compatibility mode and it works!!!!! I love the one-button keys for COPY, CUT, and PASTE on my office keyboard. I though I was doomed.

spacesurfer, did you install the XP CMedia drivers or did you just point Vista to the driver files after installing another set?

The reason I ask is that, like nitroshift I had the flexbass package installed but wanted the Xear3D mixer. I uninstalled those drivers and installed the most recent XP ones from the CMedia site (ran the installer in compatibility mode for XP SP2). The device appears correctly in Device Manager but I have no sound and I can't open the Xear3D control panel (rundll32 crashes).

(I've got the 9880 also)

Edited by _Az

spacesurfer, did you install the XP CMedia drivers or did you just point Vista to the driver files after installing another set?

The reason I ask is that, like nitroshift I had the flexbass package installed but wanted the Xear3D mixer. I uninstalled those drivers and installed the most recent XP ones from the CMedia site (ran the installer in compatibility mode for XP SP2). The device appears correctly in Device Manager but I have no sound and I can't open the Xear3D control panel (rundll32 crashes).

(I've got the 9880 also)

hello i have had a problem with my cmedia 9880

i downloaded it and all it it says "Device doesnt exist or maybe removed by manually, Please plug in device or reboot and try install again"

Is there any help?

I didn't install it using the install. I pointed Vista to the drivers folder and it installed on its own.

I dont have vista , thats the problem..

I have netgear wireless and if i download service pack 2 it will screw up my wireless and it wont let it function..

that and im on service pack 1 Windows XP home

i hope one of you guys know.. possibly i heard it could be my ram

i have a ecs board and 915p-a rev 1.1

with 1 stick of (idk brand ) but ddr 256mb 300mhz and a 32mb vid card and wirless pci card

its a 3.2 intel pent 4 and has two hardrives 40 and a 60..

it also beeps like 3 or 4 times when its loading up in the bios screen right before the windows xp starts loading ..

Id really hope someone could help me or atleast give me steps to walk through this

-Andrew

• 1 month later...