views keep changing

ElAguila

Is there any way to keep the view from changing when looking at folders? I changed the view to List. It keeps changing back to large icon. I have told it to apply to all folders using the folder and search options. In XP it remembered the view setting for the folders I looked in but it doesn't seem to do that in Vista.

I'm having the same problem. None of the "tricks" to make the view stick work -- like holding ctrl or alt or shift (any combination) while closing.

For some reason, my E: partition is set to view by groups just like the "My Computer" (now just Computer). If I change it, then the change is reflected in "Computer". This is SOOOO annoying. Nothing will rest this behaviour.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to know if there's a fix for this too. It's so annoying how Vista can't manage a simple task like remembering a folder's view setting. I also prefer the list view, some folders keep it, others don't. And the "Navigation Bar"! Urghh! Go away!! I'm always having to manually disable it, is there any way to permanently disable it? I found a few explorer options in gpedit.msc but these were only to disable the status bar.

Edited by idbirch2

I have over a dozen times and yet to hear anything about what is being done about it. I always get an email back saying please contact Microsoft product support. Which I have done and they can't help, unless of course you are willing to pay $500 per hour.