Is there a way to disable the Favourite Links Bar?

Sgt_Strider

I'm not sure if there is a way to turn it off ccompletely. However, if you open a new Windows Explorer window, drag the divider between the Favortie Links section and the directory tree option (hiding the Favorite Links by doing so), and then close and reopen Windows Explorer, then the OS will remember that state and all future Explorer windows will have the directory tree maximized.

I'm not sure if there is a way to turn it off ccompletely. However, if you open a new Windows Explorer window, drag the divider between the Favortie Links section and the directory tree option (hiding the Favorite Links by doing so), and then close and reopen Windows Explorer, then the OS will remember that state and all future Explorer windows will have the directory tree maximized.

It doesn't work. If I try to drag it all the way to the left, it stops and leave a portion of the column viewable.

It doesn't work. If I try to drag it all the way to the left, it stops and leave a portion of the column viewable.

If you reread my post, I said to drag the divider between the directory tree and the favorite links areas (both of which are in the left-hand navigation pane) up if you want to hide the favorite links. If, instead, you want tu turn off the navigation pane in its entirety, then click Organize->Layout->Navigation Pane to toggle it.

• 2 weeks later...