no Serial key box pop up in win xp pro

diablo1

i nlited my windows 2000 pro. In nlite's unattended mode i picked provide defaults and entered product serial key. When i installed the nlited operating system CD i just made,

i got to the point in the install where the product serial key was visible in the add serial cd key box . this box popped up during install

when i did the same thing for my windows xp pro i couldnt get the serial key box to be visible in the install process.. the product serial key box didnt pop up why, i wanted it to...

i picked provide defaults.. i thought the product serail key box would pop up but it didnt, how can i get the serial to be visible like in my win 2000 pro???

Edited by diablo1

no winnt.sif file... i just picked provide default in unattend section of nlite then entered the serial key in the boxes provided on the right...

in my win 2000 pro install the box popped up with the serial key inside visible but when i did the same to my win xp pro there was nt any box that popped up with the serial visible.

i wanted the box visible with the serial inside during install

if you provided the product key in the unattended section, then it wouldn't show anymore in your run ... if you like for that particular window to pop-up, then leave that portion blank when preparing your build ... however, it must be possible as i actually share an issue with hulkviper that even if detail was provided for a particular field, it still shows (which unfortunately halts our unattended install) ... ;)

i entered the serial number to my windows 2000 pro project. i also selected provide defaults, and during an install the serial number shows inside the box that pops up....

by what youre saying is, that it shouldnt have popped up and been visible... but thats what i was looking for in my window xp disc.. i entered the serial number, picked provide defaults and the serial box didnt pop up on install..

why the difference... are you saying it shouldnt have popped up with the serial number in the win 2000 pro disc???

is there a way to get it with the serail number in it and pop up to show the serial like in a ESD piece of software or some retail software...

Edited by diablo1