save webpages

colore

hello

I need a program that will automatically go to a list of urls and save the webpages as I save them manually in my browser, by clicking ctrl+s etc

I want the FULL webpage saved (html and folder with the files)

thank you!

http://www.httrack.com/ is the category leader to my knowledge and it is free. Some more costly options include Teleport Pro and Offline Explorer.

That sounds an awful lot like fraudulent intentions.
Why? What is wrong with reading stuff offline? We even provide ways to do that with MSFN's pages.

That sounds an awful lot like fraudulent intentions.

That's a rather bold assumption. A lot of people want to do that to simply be able to read webpages offline. There's a number of other reasons why people may want to download an offline version of a webpage, none of which are fraudulent. Statements like that when a valid question is passed is how you'll end up being known as a mean person.

Edited by TAiN
Jeremy was nice enough to edit his posts, so I edited this one to match - tain

Maybe Jeremy was referring to content harvesting? But copyright infringement is hardly fraud. Either way, HTTRACK is GPL and many people like it. I've found it to be powerful, yet cumbersome. Teleport Pro is powerful and a bit friendlier, but gave me some inconsistent results.

The last time I tried to save all webpage files was with Teleport Pro. TAiN beat me to the punch.

Jcarle, usually when someone asks how to do something like that without going into details, chances are they don't have the best intentions.

Anyway, my vote goes to the above mentioned as it's the only one I used and it did quite well at the time. Cheers.

Edited by Jeremy

Jcarle, usually when someone asks how to do something like that without going into details, chances are they don't have the best intentions.

Again, that's a large assumption. The lack of going into details can be related to quite a few things, an inability to express one's self clearly or a lack of understanding of the problem will also yield the same kind of posts. How many times have people posted in these forums with questions like "My computer doesn't start, what's wrong?". Because there's a lack a detail it would usually mean the poster doesn't have the best intentions?

Because there's a lack a detail it would usually mean the poster doesn't have the best intentions?

As you and I both know, not necessarily. But I suppose it's open to interpretation. I try not to assume but I guess I have to practice more. :P

Edited by Jeremy