Visual Studio 6.0 install problem

Is it possible to skip that "Searching for installed components" BS on Microsoft software? Visual Studio 6, in particular, gives me trouble. I don't appreciate having to wait a half hour while the goddamn thing searches all 7 of my hard drives!! Just install dammit! There's no reason it should be looking anywhere but C drive, if even there.

Edited by Viper187

I believe the installers are designed to detect existing/previous versions of the software or other products that may work in conjunction with whatever you are installing.

Well, it should be possible to make it ignore all my goddamn storage drives. If the stupid thing didn't infest Windows so bad, I could just keep a copy of the installed version and to hell with running installers. Too bad it's never that simple.

Edited by Viper187

I have 9 logical drives on four physical ones, with probably 500GB of data on them out of the nearly 1TB available and I have installed VC++ 6.0 not long time ago without using any particular setup switch. I can't remember it took more than 10-15 minutes to complete the install.

yeh i think its sum other prob coz vb6 generally checks for prev installed versions mostly vb5 or vb4 which do come in windows or an installed vb6 but it doesn't take that much time in fact i don't think it would go scan all ur other logical drives

yeh i think its sum other prob coz vb6 generally checks for prev installed versions mostly vb5 or vb4 which do come in windows or an installed vb6 but it doesn't take that much time in fact i don't think it would go scan all ur other logical drives

Well, it does. It takes longer to scan than it does to install, which is why I'm looking for a way around it. okay?

p.s. Learn to type. This isn't an AOL chatroom.

Edited by Viper187