disc didnt come out bootable

diablo1

i ran a procedure thru nlite, picked my service packs , hotfixes, etc.. picked direct burn , said its bootable with direct burn. disc is not bootable.

what went wrong????

can i run the same stuff thru nlite again to get to the burn section to reburn it or do i have to start all over again.

running it thru nlite again wont screw it up

Edited by diablo1

Well I'm still a nooby at nLite, but I had the same trouble as you.

I wasted about 12 CD-ROMs that would not boot.

What finally worked for me was to burn the CD-ROM from nLite instead of frm Nero Burning ROM, and these settings:

on nLite's "Bootable ISO" screen, select

Mode=Direct Burn,

ISO Engine=Mkisofs,

Boot Sector=Default

Burn Speed=Slowest that you can set

I think you can run it again if on the nLite "Presets" screen, you check the box for Load 'Last Session' on startup.

Also, in my own case, on nLite's Task Selection page, if I don't select Drivers then nLite still keeps all the same drivers from last time. However, if I do select the Drivers page, then nLite deletes all the drivers from last time and I have to reload them all again. I don't know if that will be the same in your experience.

Good luck!

i tried to burn it again picking a preset but it went thru nlite and skipped the burning step just skiped it and went right to finish step.

i even reinstalled nlite still skips the burning step goes right to the finish section

what went wrong

Edited by diablo1

At nLite's "Task Selection" screen, (3rd screen after the start) click the buttons for the things you want to change this time, so the green light shows beside the buttons.

Be sure the Bootable ISO button at bottom of list has a green light.

Click to make the light red beside the items you want to leave alone, and they will be same as last time.

If you just want to look at the entries you made last time, for the buttons on the Task Selection" screen (Hotfixes, Addons and Update Packs, Components, Unattended, Options, Tweaks) you can click their buttons to green and look at them again this time through, and nLite will still keep same info as last time.

Like I said before, there's one exception (at least in my case). On the "Task Selection" screen, if you click the Drivers button to make its light green, nLight deletes all the drivers so you have to load them all again. So if you loaded your drivers last time, don't look at the Drivers page again next time.

Edited by scott14