Example User for Demonstration Use

KoppieKoffie

Hi,

I am currently busy on a dutch translation but also currently coping with a problem which seems very odd.

Now of a sudden I get the message when creating a new user account this is a example user for demonstration use.

Can please someone elaborate where this is coming from and how I can solve this?

Thanks in advance.

Greetz from KoppieKoffie (CupOfCoffee :w00t::w00t: )

Let me see if I understand this, when creating a user account, you receive an error message stating that "this is an example user for demonstration"? I've never heard of that. Is this a legally bought copy of windows xp?

Hi,

Yes, Windows XP Home. Also the same on Windows XP Prof. from work.

I had this issue earlier and have no idea what i changed to get rid of this. I use WIHU at T-12 to define the appropriate user and shellfolders.

I will try with a other languages.ini or install.ini. See if that is the key failure. But I still don't know why in some cases I can define a new user and now I get the comment in the description this is a example user.

Strange isn't it.

Please take a look at your install.ini

[users]

; Home = %Personal%

; default = 1

; fullname = New WIHU user default full name

User.0 = New User

Group.0 = 1

Status.0 = 0x10028

; Script.0 = logon.cmd

Comment.0 = This is a new example user created for demonstration purpose by WIHU

; home.0 = c:\%ThisUser%

; My Video.0 = c:\%ThisUser%\Videos

You have to remove example [users] section because this will create an example user account.

Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,

Checked it, Edited it and tested it and it worked (of course, hey it's the developer :thumbup )

Thanks for your help. It is still a great program. Only the lack of a good editor UI for the install.ini but for the rest unmissable.

Grtz, KoppieKoffie (CupOfCoffee :w00t: )